Saturday, April 29, 2006

THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK

Well...it's official. My first blog post. I thought I'd never make the move. We're talking about a person here who is computer-challenged and always under a time crunch. But I have become such an avid blog reader. I have even become known in some circles as a 'blog groupie.'

And yesterday, thanks to the stupidity, the childishness, and the lack of consideration of one adult 'anonymous' blogger, I was locked out of one of my favorite blogs, BrettCajun, for an indefinite period of time. No more comments. No more interaction with a dear friend. The only way I could remain an active commentator in his blog was by being a regular blogger...not simply a reader. If you are interested in what happened, you can read Brett's post.

That was 'the straw that broke the camel's back.' I opened a blog.
All I can say is, "Oh my God! What have I gotten myself into now." I am not sure yet which direction my blog will go but I do have several concepts running through this permanent little circuit attached to my body, called my brain. I chose the blog's title Life's Colorful Brushstrokes because, in part, it speaks about the direction my life is currently going. Lets say I am finally developing my 'creative' side - something I should have done 20 years ago (do you think some of us are slow learners?/LOL). I am currently working on a second Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts, Interior Design.

So with that in mind, you will probably get tidbits about me and my school life (gosh, I sure as hell hope I don't bore you all to death!), perhaps some design advice and tips, a splash of poetry now and then, and a perspective or point of view on life from a 'creative' mind. We will just see how it all gels together. Stay tuned!

Thanks Pete, Steve, and Brett for the blog encouragement and for helping me see that I do have something to say, even if it may be insignificant to some individuals. You are the best!

4 Comments:

At Sat Apr 29, 07:07:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

Excellent first post. You would of done it sooner or later since you are an avid reader. Have fun with it.

 
At Sun Apr 30, 09:24:00 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to the blogworld...look forward to seeing how you progress...here through Brett Cajun

 
At Mon May 01, 08:22:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

allright, now I can be your groupie! So glad to have you out here with us in blog land! I know you will enjoy it handsome man!

 
At Mon May 01, 05:17:00 PM PDT, Blogger Penrick said...

I think you will be on my favorites. This seems as if it will be a great place to drop by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home