Sunday, April 30, 2006

DO I OR DO I NOT

Well I can't believe it! One day out into the blogoshpere and I already have three comments on my first post and a reasonable amount of hits for not really advertising myself. I don't even think that half of my blog buddies even know I am an official blogger.

As you may have seen in my first post, I don't profess to be the most computer literate but damn, after yesterday, I am picking up quite a bit of new information. Hell, I probably should have done this (blogged) a long time ago. I had an issue yesterday trying to figure out why I couldn't pull up my own URL when I typed it into a search engine. Thanks to my friends, Pete and Al, I found the problem. When I set up the blog account I dropped a letter from the URL address by accident. Out went the
'r' in 'strokes!!!' So now I am listed under http://lifescolorfulbrushstokes.blogspot.com/. The perfectionist in me wants my URL to read as it was intended, http://lifescolorfulbrushtrokes.blogspot.com/. Oh well ~ get over it!

Some might say, "why not just reopen another Blogger account with the correct URL." Hmmm! After the time I spent yesterday setting up my blog, part of me just wants to move forward. My friend, Al, did recommend another free service blog site which I am exploring. Though comfort and familiarity always seem to win out in my case! And I am comfortable now with Blogger. Perhaps familiar and basic is better for me?!?! Anyway, it may make for a cleaner site. The only significant thing I would like to do to the blog is add an interesting
BANNER to overlay my blog title on. I am sure that if it can be done, it is tied in with the Template tab on my Blogger's dashboard. If anyone knows the steps to take, feel free to email me.

So for now I think the
'Do I Not' has won!

8 Comments:

At Sun Apr 30, 09:38:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do it now before everyone links to you. Re-create it with the intended spelling!

 
At Mon May 01, 02:21:00 AM PDT, Blogger Joel said...

Hey there...when you first commented there was no link to a blog but now I found ya.

For the record, you STILL can update your URL in Blogger...just go to EDIT your Settings and update and it will change it without having to start over...otherwise I would be using Postcads instead of Postcards!

Glad to see you made the plunge. Will add you to my blogroll!

 
At Mon May 01, 08:16:00 AM PDT, Blogger Brettcajun said...

Hey Tony! I am so glad you are a blogger now! I would just copy your template... then paste it into a blog that is spelled correctly. You should nip this in the bud now!

 
At Mon May 01, 08:32:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

I did the same thing on one of my other blogs, I did what Hypnotice and Scotty did and it worked out fine and I was able to change it.

 
At Mon May 01, 03:49:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great you fixed it. Of course I now have to correct all the listings of it on my blog...

 
At Mon May 01, 04:52:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

here's my other blog, didn't know if I'd given it to yout yet or not! I also put a little welcome entry on you in my other blog. Couldn't help but putting a picture of you on my blog should have made it a Hunk of the Week picture.

 
At Mon May 01, 08:48:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, see my friend at TrollBabyGraphics.com about a blogger redesign.. she did mine.. tell her the Lazy Lesbian sent ya!

 
At Tue May 02, 12:37:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well finally! Good to see it worked out for you Tony. Hope you enjoy it. I've got to you linked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home