Friday, May 26, 2006

THE BRUSH'S COLORFUL DAUBS ~ MISCELLANEOUS TIDBITS #3


Normally I do this post when I need to devote a bit more time to schoolwork. But it's coming a day late. I decided to do it today merely because I know a chunk of my readers may be off and running on their long holiday weekends. So I figured I would save the good stuff for next week and make this a fun-spirited post.

Memorial Day!!!: Just wanted to wish everyone of my buds out there in BLOGLAND a happy Memorial Day Weekend. Enjoy yourself, have lots of fun, be merry, but just don't drink and drive! Play it safe. You each mean a lot...don't want to lose any readers for ill reasons. And to all you lucky smucks that do have the long weekend off, just remember a few of us have to work our butts off for other reasons...ME, I have four small projects ~ all due next Thursday. Who said teachers couldn't be pains in the 'arses.'

Question To Ask YOU!: The question is: What are you doing this Memorial Day weekend? Yes, I guess I am a gluten for punishment but I would love to hear what you all have in the making. So leave me a comment on the 'shakin's' of your weekend in today's post section along with any other thoughts you wish to share.

So Tell Me Which Child's Day Are You: Don't know if you are all
familiar with the poem? You know the one:

Mondays child is fair of face,
Tuesdays child is full of grace,
Wednesdays child is full of woe,
Thursdays child has far to go,
Fridays child is loving and giving,
Saturdays child works hard for his living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.

Well, Curtis, at Let Me Tell You All About It, Sweetie, asked his readers this question. I thought it was a bit fun so now I ask you, "What child's day are you?" Let me know. Does it match who you are? If you do not know or recall the day you were born on, click here and fill in the info to obtain the day of your birth.

****Oops, I forgot to mention I am a Sunday child. Guess I fit the mold.****



Again...Have A Great Memorial Day! Be Safe!

12 Comments:

At Fri May 26, 02:51:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

AH RHACT, I will be Fringing, as you can guess, on Memorial Day, I will probably also be answering e-mails you are sending me. ~eg~

I am a Monday child, which kinda shoots that whole poem straight to hell... I guess most of us should have been nborn on Sunday huh...

 
At Fri May 26, 04:14:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'll be a work weekend, finishing my kitchen remodel.

A wednesday child!! Why am I not surprised????

Have a great weekend!!!

 
At Fri May 26, 06:10:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

My sister and niece are coming tomorrow morning, so we'll probably do the beach thing, Sunday church, then a barbqe over at some friends, and a picnic Monday in the park by where we live. Should be a fun weekend.

Have a good one yourself!

 
At Fri May 26, 06:11:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

Oh I am a Monday child like Spider.

 
At Fri May 26, 07:04:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tony said...

Oh, Spider, Sorted Lives, Mark, and Derek... I forgot to mention I am a Sunday's child. Guess I fit the mold and in some ways it does describe a bit of me.

Spider...oh you sure as hell shot the poem to hell. Fair of face...not with that devilish streak in you nor that mind of yours. Wahoo!

Sorted...So did our path's cross in another lifetime? HEHEHE!

Mark...a Wednesday'child? Bummer if it is anywhere near mimicking your life. But heck you can always make those woes go away. Go out and find some crazy 'excitement' this weekend.

Now Derek...in someways I see you asa Monday's child. Maybe its that raw deep introspective emotion.

 
At Fri May 26, 07:26:00 AM PDT, Blogger digital t-square said...

Good luck on your projects. I gave my students a little break for the Memorial Day weekend, I'm not as mean as your teachers!

 
At Fri May 26, 11:13:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sat, Im doing a fundraising ride for the American Lung Assoc. (65 miles),so like i thursday child I have far to go

 
At Fri May 26, 11:32:00 AM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

Friday's Child... and to a fault!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend baby, I'd rather be at IML in Chicago, but I'll take seeing X-3 and whooping it up with my favorite cowboy tonight and going to Bears in the Desert next weekend in Palm Springs, so I can't complain! If you're projects are done and you got some free time, you should come down to PS next weekend and say howdy!

 
At Fri May 26, 01:39:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

Tuesday child here. I have plans to see Over the Hedge and go to my mom's to have lunch with my friend.

 
At Fri May 26, 03:23:00 PM PDT, Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I'm off to IML and to see some friends.

And I am Monday's child according to the poem...but I think that is inaccurate. Fair of face? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Have a great weekend!

 
At Fri May 26, 05:11:00 PM PDT, Blogger mattviews said...

I have no plan for the weekend. I guess I'll be hanging out and kicking it at hone, watching some 6 Feet Under, catching up with reading, and looking up all the travel info for Thailand for this coming winter.

Geez, I do have a lot to do....

Have a good weekend Tony.

 
At Fri May 26, 05:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger mattviews said...

Oh...I'm a Friday's child according to the poem...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home