Sunday, May 21, 2006

SIMPLY SAID ~ PROCRASTINATION!


Let's see...
  • About 200 pages of reading between three text books.
  • Another 115 pages of reading in an independent book.
  • Two projects involving design layouts to most likely incorporate photography and video, and requiring time to get out into the public and perform the later tasks before putting the presentations together, one of the projects due this Thursday night, and the other due next Monday night.
  • Research required for my Ecology project which is designing a light fixture and making it from recycled and ecologically-sound materials. Sounded easy at first but it is not turning out so ~ the materials are that easy to locate and or to get readily. I still have 4 weeks on this project. Would anyone know of any small companies that make recycled materials (not a finish product but rather component pieces) such as recycled glass, metal, etc. Let me know via email if you do as I would much appreciate. I am already 'buggy' over searching the web but that doesn't mean there still aren't some out there.
  • Still need to locate my resume and start reorganizing it.
  • View two movies.
Did I say this all yesterday in my post? I sure did. I can not get it out of my darn head! It's spinning there but my mind just doesn't want to shift gears and start tackling each task. I think its the reading that throws me for a loop. I have always hated to read. I get no enjoyment out of it so when it involved learning material, it is that much harder for me. I have always found myself having to re-read pages as some things just do not embed themselves into this little thing in my head called a 'brain.'

Do my legs give you an idea of what I was doing most of the day. They are looking awfully relaxed. I know what I'd like to be doing with them but we won't go there. I finally was so fed up with my lack of motivation that I said, 'Screw it,' and went out to the movies with my niece, nephew, sister, and brother-in-law to see the animation film,
OVER THE EDGE. I actually enjoyed the movie. Some good laughs for adults and of course, it's always a ball to see the kids laugh. I just soaked it all up while slurping up my cola slushy. (And if your mind wondered off to any other thought, shame on you!) And such a glorious Saturday evening ~ a mild 75 degrees. Why can't life be a permanent vacation. If I could only win the Lotto and retire for good! I'd be out visiting all you guys and maybe passing along some of the winnings.

So I guess this is about all I have for you tonight as I am unfortunately not overly motivated to write tonight either. I do have some topics though that I would like to share and hopefully I'll have time to blog about them soon. Enjoy your SUNDAY!

7 Comments:

At Sun May 21, 06:31:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Hope you have a good Sunday today RHT... as for the pic on your blog, well, we will talk later...

 
At Sun May 21, 11:26:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the movie.

 
At Sun May 21, 12:59:00 PM PDT, Blogger The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

Been there done that with the books and reading. Reading is not one of my favorite things to do to begin with so the idea of forcing myself to read in a learning environment isn't much of a thrill.
I too have been looking at my legs in much the same manner since my surgery....my recliner has been my best friend for the last few days.

 
At Sun May 21, 03:57:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joel said...

Damn you have the sexiest legs EVER!

We were going to go see Over the Edge but decided that with the circumstances that they are, we should save our money and see what happens first.

Sigh.

Did I mention what sexy legs you have? I dont' know what you are doing but I know what I'd like...oh never mind ;)

 
At Sun May 21, 04:50:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

sounds like you had a great day, I just got showered and I'm whooped. Babies are fun but I'm wore out.
Damn you got some sexy legs!

 
At Mon May 22, 07:58:00 AM PDT, Blogger The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

By the way Tony, the title of this post reminded me of a clipping that my Mom has on her refridgerator at home in VA. "National Procrastination Week has been Postponed until next month"
That should tell you a fair amount about my family :)

 
At Mon May 22, 11:31:00 AM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

Shame on me? You're the one who posted the picture of your incredibally hot legs! Shame on you for making my mind go in the gutter... now could we have a picture that goes a little farther down? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home