Sunday, May 14, 2006

A LETTER TO MOM ON THIS MOTHER'S DAY


Dear Mom,

How do I begin to tell you how much you mean to me, how much I love you, how much I appreciate all the support and comfort that you give me daily and unconditionally. Life is flying by these days. I can remember being a child and so desperately wanting to be an adult, wanting the years to fly by so that I could reach that state. Now all I can think about is how much I wish I could slow down the time. More time to enjoy you!

I think time leaped forward the moment I stepped out of college. I can remember graduation morning, waking you and dad up to give each of you my 'thank you' gifts, seeing the biggest smile on your face, hearing those words that made me feel like I was the center of the universe, "Tony I am so proud of you." And then that big squeezing hug and kiss.

Mom, where would I be today had you not been part of my life. I feel so fortunate that I was blessed with loving parents, a loving family, but most of all, a loving, caring, nurturing mother. I have a heavy heart this day, not because there is any lack of appreciation for you, quite the contrary. But my heavy heart goes out to those individuals who have never known their mothers, who had poor relationships with their mothers, whose mothers parted from this earth prematurely.

Thank you for instilling in me the importance of faith and family, in a world that often doesn't understand the depth of importance of these two institutions. But rather seems to find flaws in them or mock them. I realize I have issues to resolve in my life but you have given me such an incredible foundation to draw from. All I ask is that you continue to be there for me and love me unconditionally. I love you mom. I thank God for every moment He breaths life into your lungs. I hope we will have many more moments to cherish!

Big HUGS!! And most importantly, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Love ,
Tony

9 Comments:

At Sun May 14, 01:37:00 PM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Wish I could write this kind of post... a wonderful tribute to an obviously wonderful woman - you are a lucky man...

 
At Sun May 14, 05:03:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tell you I read this and it makes me want to bury my head in the sand. I feel that way toward my mother but she drives me crazy. Why?

You have many talents bud and are so lucky you have a great family.

 
At Sun May 14, 10:58:00 PM PDT, Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

This is beautiful :)

 
At Mon May 15, 12:12:00 AM PDT, Blogger Joel said...

What an awesome tribute to your mom. I would love to do something for mine. You have inspired me.

 
At Mon May 15, 12:31:00 AM PDT, Blogger DanNation said...

Beautiful...thanks for sharing...

Dan

 
At Mon May 15, 05:02:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful letter. Never let your mother forget how special she is to you. I just lost my mother in November and although I'm sure she knew how I felt about her. I regret every day not telling her.

 
At Mon May 15, 09:18:00 AM PDT, Blogger Robert said...

Thanks for sharing that. Your mother is very lucky herself! :-)

 
At Mon May 15, 08:10:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

wonderful tribute Tony!

 
At Tue May 16, 03:16:00 PM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

What a great tribute, nicely done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home