Wednesday, May 10, 2006

SEXY - A SENSE OF HUMOR


Do you find a sense of humor sexy? Is it important to have a bit of it in a relationship, whether with a friend or with a partner?

My answer to these two questions is a resounding "YES." I was reminded yesterday morning of it as I read Monday's post (5/8/06) for The Shortbus. Life is too short not to be able to laugh with someone, to laugh at something, to laugh at yourself. Of course, all in good jest... never to be hurtful , bemeaning, or in bad taste ~ ok on this last one lighten up...bad taste can be humorous too. Just be careful to pick the right situations. I love a person with a good sense of humor, a person who is quick-witted, a person who can manage to throw something light-hearted your way when it is needed. I manage to do it every now and then , though admittedly I am not quick-witted. I only wish! I am one of those individuals whose punch line is off on occasion.

Guess I love humor in general, sometimes even the warped. I have discovered, if a person can make me laugh and show their true colors through humor, that they are rather sexy! There is a person I will hold dear to my heart as a friend. And if I am lucky down the line, as a partner. Pete, author over at The Shortbus, fits that bill all too often. We've developed such a strong friendship. His humor borders on the line of warped ~ a good "warped," of course, Pete!!! We manage to laugh at anything and everything. I'll have to blog one day about our adventure into Angelo's Restaurant in Little Italy (during my April visit to New York City). Lets just say that the foursome at the table next to us at dinner, Sue, Ed, Rick, and the big-mouth 'Jersy' Italian lady, will forever be embedded in our minds and hours of future joking. The one-liners between Pete and I were
fly'in high that night. Enough to put me in tears, tears of laughter, and probably have the waiter wondering why I was 'crying.'

So here is to LAUGHTER, to HUMOR!!!! Cheers!
And here is to you Pete! For always finding a means of placing a bright spot in my ever so mundane life. Now if we could only get Brett to lighten up. Hehehe! Gotch'ya! Trust me Brett ~ your jiggy dances bring enough smiles and laughter into my life. Don't you just love the picture of Pete above ~ it is so him.

4 Comments:

At Wed May 10, 04:55:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your too sweet. I'm blushing. You are a great friend and I am so happy to have met you.

What a great way to start the day. Doesn't matter what happens it will definatly be a good one.

 
At Wed May 10, 09:16:00 AM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

Absolultely. imperative. In fact I'd say this is number one for me. If you don't have a sense of humor, we're not going to get along. I find lot's of things funny, though I tend to really appreciate dark humor.

You have to be able to laugh and understand wit and circus clowns.

Well, maybe not circus clowns because they're actually a bit scary, but understanding why one of the best novels ever written, Candide, is funny. That's truly important!

 
At Wed May 10, 10:47:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

As sense of humor is one of the sexiest things in a man - that and intelligence... for me, if you don't have it then we have nothing...

 
At Wed May 10, 05:53:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best partner to me is one who always laughs at MY jokes. My ex-wife is still the best. Haven't found a gay man who measures up to her in this all-important category! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home