Tuesday, September 26, 2006

HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? (#19)

Hope your week is rolling along, lookin' good! It's time for HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? Tuesday.

I think I'll just step right in and ask the question:
How do you like to present yourself in attire?
Personally, I have changed over the years. I use to want to present myself in a more sophisticated light. I had a small closet merely housing my suits, dress shirts, slacks, and sportcoats, not to mention the 150-200 ties I had at one time. Today, they collect dust (albeit that may change once I rejoin the working force, depending on where I am employed...and that's if even half of it still fits me...see I am a bit fuller in the chest and arms these days). In the last ten years I have gone totally casual though trust me, I can put on a mean 'dressy casual.' Were talking in-style jeans, dressy chinos (if you desire to call them that) along with Tommy Bahama slacks, shorts, and camp-style shirts. In fact, much of my shirt selection these days is short-sleeved versus the long-sleeve of years past. Even a variety of T's are part of my wardrobe. Some of this is due to better 'body image' - and well, having 'come out,' one has to flaunt it a smidge (eyes rolling... a slight chuckle). And the shoe of choice for me, and I am sorry if I offend, is sometype of zorrie or sandal. Hey, I live in southern California. For now, it's me, and I don't much care what others think...even my gay compadres!

So me and the rest of blogland are waiting to hear your response. Make it good! Tomorrow, look for Spider's post on me. It's suppose to be revealing. Oh brother!

12 Comments:

At Tue Sep 26, 04:27:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

I am a khaki's and button-down kinda guy - for casual, a polo and shorts... used to do the suit and tie thing and the "dress to the 9's", but have found I am more comfortable in the khakis... a heavy starched oxford buttondown and loafers - and, oh yea, going commando always tops off the ensamble!

 
At Tue Sep 26, 05:15:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jake said...

It's casual for me all the way. Most of the time during the summer I can be found wearing just a plain white t-shirt and shorts. I pretty much look like I'm going swimming. I hate wearing a tie so I don't unless I have too. When working I wear a company polo shirt and khakis each day.

 
At Tue Sep 26, 07:49:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

t-shirt and jean or shorts and the business casual of polos and dockers for work...

 
At Tue Sep 26, 12:03:00 PM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

Leather and Levi? Is that an option? LOL, most of the time it's jeans and a button down shirt at work. I used to love banded collar shirts in my early twenties *shudder*. Sandals or boots for me, sandals for casual, boots when "dressed up", though I've been without my boots for almost a year now.

 
At Tue Sep 26, 01:49:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wesco Boots, Wrangler Jeans, T-Shirts, What's underwear???
Thank god for IT positions.

 
At Tue Sep 26, 01:54:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

T-SHIRT AND JEANS

KISSES

HAIRYBEARS
http://hairybears.blogspot.com/

 
At Tue Sep 26, 02:15:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

Casual all the way. T shirts, jeans, khakis - love sweatshirts, sweaters and snuggly things like polar fleece pullovers. Shoes? I don't know whatever pair is closest to my body and matches what I'm wearing. Usually sneakers.

 
At Tue Sep 26, 04:20:00 PM PDT, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Let's see how you like this...I have chosen your blog for inclusion in the current edition of A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere.

There were several postings on which I wanted to comment, but didn't want to litter your blog. Should you wish to write comments - I welcome your input - I will follow suit.

I hope the link serves you well.

 
At Tue Sep 26, 04:42:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

I am mostly a khaki's shorts and tshirt type of guy, at work it's khaki's and polo.

At home it's just shorts, Mike runs around naked, unless we have company.

 
At Tue Sep 26, 06:09:00 PM PDT, Blogger mattviews said...

Vintage bootcut jeans and a polo shirt is my signature look. :)

 
At Tue Sep 26, 09:51:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

I like to dress well, even when going out to shop/run errands.I've learned thatpeople treat me nicer if I look better than casual.
And in Arizona there is no lack of 'casual'
On the other hand, what I wear to the leather/bear bars borders on scandalous, but the world needs balance, no?

 
At Sat Sep 30, 06:13:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, I wear a t-shirt and work pants to work every day. So that is what I have the most of. When I get home, the first thing I do is shower and if I'm sticking around the house for the rest of the evening, I will throw on some comfortable shorts.

My most regular non-work wardrobe is jeans and tanks. I like to wear tanks tight cause when they are snug I don;t look so skinny. I have good sized shoulders and a long narrow waist, so if a shirt just hangs on me I look like a beanpole.

I also have tons of long shorts becuase I play basketball a lot.

If I have to look presentable, I have a few button down shirts, but I hardly ever go places where I would need them.

Im a real casual type.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home