Saturday, May 27, 2006

X-MEN...THE LAST STAND?


My roommate and his girlfriend decided they had to see X-Men ~The Last Stand tonight. I, being the absolute X-Men lover, volunteered to tag along for the early evening show. We knew that it was opening night and to expect crowds. My roommate and I have scoped out the three theaters near us. We have the good and the bad times to hit any one of the theaters down 'pat.'

Tonight we went for the 7pm showing of X-Men at Regal Theaters in the Kaleidoscope complex in Mission Viejo. We arrived early to hit our favorite little pizza place in the mall. Pizza, salad, and lemonade for dinner. I know, not the greatest diet when you are weightlifting but heck, it was Friday night and to boot, the beginning of a long holiday weekend. Then it was over to the theater. We stood in line, about 10 people back, and when the doors opened to the theater room, we grabbed the primo spot in the theater ~dead center,mid screen.

Saw some interesting trailers...one for the new Superman movie due later this summer, another for the next big Marvel comic movie coming out in February, 2007, The Ghostrider, one for My Super Ex-Girlfriend with Uma Thurman, and one called Snakes in the Plane, just what you want to see...freakin' snakes creep me out. Can't quite understand why an actor like Samuel L. Jackson decided to take that movie.

The movie began promptly at 7pm. Its start was a little startling but reality will set in (can't give it away). Next, let's say that the first 25-30 minutes will be filled with some 'shockers.' You will also be introduced to new characters such as Juggernaut, played by Vinnie Jones, one hot big sexy guy. He gets 4 WOOFS from me. Aaron Stanford, as Pyro, comes to full force in this movie. Kelsey Grammer as Beast, Warren Worthington as Angel, and Eric Dane as Multiple Man are amidst some of the new small bit characters. I could go on but I don't want to give away every character as it may lend some indication as to the direction of the movie.

I think by now it is no new news, thanks to the trailers and hype, that the whole premise behind the movie is this final battle over the issue of a mutant cure. And the momentum definitely builds that plot. The special effects were rather fun in this movie. So I do not believe you will be disappointed in this department. You will see love interests come and go and come back. Not lacking there. As for the end of the movie, hold on. There are so many twists and turns and surprises. I truly believe you are going to enjoy this movie. So grab a large bucket of popcorn, some sodas, and a box of your favorite movie candy (Good'n'Plenty, Dots gum drops, bite size Butterfingers) and buckle down for the ride.

And oh! ONE BIG, BIG SUGGESTION. DO NOT LEAVE THE THEATER UNTIL ALL THE CREDITS RUN or you will miss something HUGE!


ENJOY THE FLIC!

9 Comments:

At Sat May 27, 12:28:00 AM PDT, Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

Thanks for the heads up about staying past the credits...I usually run out to beat the crowd unless I know something is coming after they finishing rolling.

 
At Sat May 27, 05:33:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

I always stay and read the closing credits... and listen to the music. Best part of the show! Roommate huh - sounds like a fun evening!

 
At Sat May 27, 06:00:00 AM PDT, Blogger Melissa said...

I clicked over from Dirk's blog, just thought I'd say hello and tell you how much I enjoy the way you write. I'll be reading you again.

 
At Sat May 27, 09:54:00 AM PDT, Blogger Robert said...

I'm just anxious to see the new Dark Phoenix, cuz she was way kool in the comic book... even tho she dies. bleh!

Mmm... pizza....

 
At Sat May 27, 02:10:00 PM PDT, Blogger Mark said...

I can't wait to see X3. I'm gonna watch X2 today again to get ready.

 
At Sat May 27, 02:36:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

thanks for the heads up, I too an one who stays for the credits. However premo seat are back row center. I can't stand people sitting behind me making any kind of noise. I get all surley.

UMMM Pizza.

 
At Sat May 27, 05:49:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I took Lee's advice and not took the story into consideration. The action scenes where amazing. I approve of them. But being a comic book geek, I was bit disappointed with the movie's convoluted story and inconsistent character depictions from the comics to the movies. I give a B- for the uber amounts of action

 
At Tue May 30, 09:53:00 AM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

Great film, but not for purests. They changed so much to make the story work, but it was well told so I can't complain.

I totally agree with you about Juggernaut, when they opened that container both me and my date went 'whoa'! Hehe, sexy indeed!

I'm excited that they're making both a Wolverine and a Magneto movie (thus the after credits set up I think.)

 
At Tue May 30, 07:49:00 PM PDT, Blogger Moby said...

I saw it twice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home