Friday, June 16, 2006

THE BRUSH'S COLORFUL DAUBS ~ MISCELLANEOUS TIDBITS #5


Another school week comes to an end for me and Friday begins my weekend so to speak. But don't worry I have enough work to keep me occupied through next Thursday when the next project deadline comes due. I don't have an a mind tonight to really blog about anything exceptional. Here are the miscellaneous pieces mulling around in my head.

Nicknames: I happened to be talking to a friend last night and while 'shooting the breeze' the topic of nicknames came up in our discussion. I had to stop and think for a moment. I told my friend initially that the only nickname I had above my formal name of Anthony was Tony. Then it hit me. I told him wait a minute, I did two others. The first evolved in my last job during my first job promotion. I had moved up to being a Bodily Injury Claims adjuster. Most my good friends know that I tend to start off on the quiet side and in a professional environment, generally tried to maintain the same quiet, even-keel demeanor. I was for the most part successful in retaining it while handling the stress in the job. Oh, if you only knew how nasty some people would get when it came to money over injuries. Let's just say that on occasion, this quiet boy learned real quick who to elevate his voice to make a point but not come across to nasty. Well, my fellow claims adjusters began to call me ANIMAL. I still get the biggest chuckle over the thought that anyone even put me into that classification. Com'on, me an ANIMAL! So do you have any memorable nickname. Let us know in my comments section.

Photographer Compliment: I had to laugh yesterday. Just before my Senior Portfolio class, I was picking up my presentation boards that I had given to a photographer last week. They were being photographed for my portfolio, an electronic version. At the same time I picked up my boards, I gave him three, built models to be photographed for next week. The photographer really began to scrutinize the detail on my models. Then he came out with the remark, "You must be one of those over-achievers!" I chuckled and said, "Yes, but all three got into our school's Hall of Fame." He came back with, "Why am I not surprised." I took it as a compliment. By the way, I spent $455 on those board photos and still have about another $100 to pay on the models. Ouch!!!

Graphic Artist Help!: Well, I have a resume and personal logo design (for letterhead, envelopes, etc.). My logo design right now is so rudimentary based off of WORD. I have it all visualized but need to get it generated. I sure could use a good graphic designer (but reasonable) to pull it together for me. I just can't use the computer efficiently yet to produce it! Anybody a graphic art aficionado that might want to pull it together for me with proper visual aids and instruction provided, via the Internet?

Blogger Heaven: I can't believe that I have been blogging for only a little over six weeks and I am ready to break the 4ooo hits barrier. Unbelievable! I would never have imagined it. And I have already gone beyond 50 posts ~ I have yet to miss a post though admittedly, I still have to give some serious thought to cutting back, given what schoolwork is on my plate. To all of YOU, continued thanks for taking such an interest in my blog.

7 Comments:

At Fri Jun 16, 04:13:00 AM PDT, Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

It's been fun getting to know ya!

 
At Fri Jun 16, 07:45:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

Animal, I have TOTALLY enjoyed getting to know ya, and hope that your "over-achieving" ways, and feeling of not wanting to disappoint your readers will give you the drive to keep on posting. heeheehee

As for me the only nickname that comes to mind is JW and tank, from early in life.

Have a great weekend!

 
At Fri Jun 16, 08:38:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

jjoxpitaNo - we thank YOU Animal - for bringing your roar and your prowess to the blogger jungle...

 
At Fri Jun 16, 08:41:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

I knew you were an overachiever. it's been awesome getting to know you through your blog, looking forward to meeting you in Aug, did Spider tell you we were all going to a nudist camp, and tubing? :)

 
At Fri Jun 16, 12:34:00 PM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

Hey Animal (though somehow I can't see you skirt chasing screaming WO-MAN! WO-MAN!!!, but that might just be me!)

Keep up the good work and the great posting, it's a pleasure to read you and your positive outlook and amazing drive. You are truly and inspiration to me, and I think most of your readers.

Now back to work Mr. Over-achiever.

 
At Fri Jun 16, 07:11:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

so how's the animal?

 
At Fri Jun 16, 08:22:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

Nice job, I guess all that reading inspired you to finally get your own blog and look at how good your doing.

Keep up the good work with school and the blog. Looking foward to August!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home