Wednesday, June 14, 2006

JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU HAVE THINGS UNDER CONTROL

Proud to fly this today.
HAPPY FLAG DAY!


I am sure you have all had moments, days that you felt totally in control. On top of the world. That you were in your "groove 'thang."

Well yesterday morning I woke up feeling I was in utter control. I had gone to bed the night earlier with a plan for yesterday. And I had it in full swing at 8am yesterday. The alarm went off at 7:30am. I hit the snooze button once. Now shame on you guys. You probably thought, "Here he goes again ~ another one of those days not getting out of bed until 11-11:30am." WRONG! I was up. I spent about a half hour scanning some of my favorite blogs and reading a few new emails from blogger buddies. But I was out of bed at 8am. I did a few odds and ends around my room, which by the way is looking like those early pictures I posted of my room in its "OSCAR-state." I started to look up some class information on recyclable materials for my lamp design. Then I remembered my little dilemma from the night before where my car gas tank was nearly on bone empty and not being able to get the gas lid open to fill the tank.

Oh, did I say I had everything in utter control?!?! Someone please clock me upside the head. This is where my day fell apart. I had and still do as of today, have a number of preliminary things due this Thursday between two classes and a sh*tload of work due next week. I had planned on getting a good chunk of it done starting yesterday morning. But at 10:30am, getting creative in my attempts to figure why my fuel lid cap would not open, I placed a call to my local Nissan dealership. I explained my problem to the service manager on duty. By the time I was done, he was quite confident I had a defective sonar release system on the fuel lid. Great, I had been driving a number of miles already with the tank registering empty. The manager told me that the car part was in but that the likelihood of them completing out the work by day's end, given the time it was already, was very slim. I told him I would get it down there.

My next dilemma. I had a dental appointment at 12 noon. So I went scrambling to call my little sister who I knew was at my nephew's kindergarten graduation. As expected no luck on the initial call. Message left. I called my other sister. I got my brother-in-law who works from home. Dear sis was at the local high school putting in her donated service as school nurse. Thank goodness, the brother-in-law was free. He picked me up, drove and dropped me off at my dentist's office. Thankfully little sis was now available to pick me up at the dentist, swing me back by my apartment, trail behind me to the car dealership, and then take me home once I left my Nissan Murano at the dealership.

So what's the car in for...a new sonar release for the fuel deck lid, a 30K mile servicing (went ahead and slated this while I was there) and 2 small recall issues that I had not been notified were in place. Now I just have all that homework to complete timely. As usual, I did try to make light of the circumstances by simply letting my mind drift off to distant places of relaxation or cities that excite me. Thought you might all get a kick out of the American cities that best suit me according to this little quiz. The actual results aren't too bad. Just would have figured NY City to be in there. Someone or something knows I am set on Hawaii. The top listing was Honolulu. Oh yah baby ~ Hawaii!

So take a moment to see what cities best match up to you and post them along with any other comments or thoughts. P.S.: A big Happy 1 Year Anniversary to Sorted Lives on his blog!!!!



American Cities That Best Fit You::
70% Honolulu
65% San Francisco
60% Atlanta
60% Los Angeles
60% Washington, DC

8 Comments:

At Wed Jun 14, 06:36:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn car issues!!! Trust me when I say "I understand"

 
At Wed Jun 14, 07:07:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

Honolulu, Atlanta, LA, Austin and San Diego....would love any and all.

I also hate when I have to take my car in to get serviced, it is a royal PAIN IN THE ARSE!!!

 
At Wed Jun 14, 10:19:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Washington DC - number one for me - what a shock!

Did you manipulate that to get Honolulu Tony? Huh - be honest...

 
At Wed Jun 14, 12:06:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tony said...

Ynager65....
I love your city matchups. Can I have them?!?!

Now, now Spider. So you're accusing me of rigging my answers aye! Don't you know that I am only 10% evil. Wasn't your number something like 52% bud? ;-)

 
At Wed Jun 14, 12:55:00 PM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

San Francisco 75%, Los Angeles 70%, Washington DC 70%, San Diego 60%, Chicago 55%

Pretty acurate, if I could get a job in San Fran in the entertainment industry I'd love to live there.

But I love L.A. too, I lived in Chicago and really liked it, despite the weather, but I thought that would have been higher.

 
At Wed Jun 14, 03:28:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

mine was Hawaii, Texas, Georgia, Florida, and Oregon all in that order.

 
At Wed Jun 14, 03:56:00 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

That was fun - I'm apparently a Washington DC/San Francisco guy!

 
At Wed Jun 14, 09:38:00 PM PDT, Blogger The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

American Cities That Best Fit You:
70% Austin
65% Atlanta
65% Denver
65% Honolulu
65% Seattle
Interesting result for me. I've been to four of these cities, Austin being the one I've not. None of them particularly appeal to me. Atlanta was nice to visit. Palm Springs is where I want to be. I answered the questions based on the reality that is my life right now. That is likely the reason for the list of cities I'd most likely not want to live in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home