Monday, June 12, 2006

INTERIOR DESIGN - MY PERSPECTIVE DRAWINGS

A couple of weeks ago, on a May 20th posting, I discussed my Marker Rendering class as an aspect of Interior Design training. I had mentioned that my Perspective classes were a prerequisite to the Rendering classes. I finally located some of my perspective drawings so I thought I'd share what I found. These are not my best but they will give you an idea of the class and my capabilities.

All the perspectives were done as a practice exercise for my Residential I class in which we had to design a two story New York loft for three generations of ladies ~ daughter, mother, and grandmother. The class was told they could be down on any residential spaces. I happen to do many on my sister's home where I had just finished living at the time. These happen to be of interior spaces of the live exterior pictures I posted of my sister's several weeks ago. These are fore the most part free-handed drawings with some clean-up work in a few areas using a straight edge. The first drawing is of the bar area off my sister's family room. The second picture happens to be of a portion of the main hallway powder room. And the last drawing is of my sister's living room. I apologize that the drawings aren't clearer but when they are scanned, some quality is lost.

The first quarter of Perspective drawing taught us the basics on how everything translates back to the visualizing all spaces evolving from a box. You would be surprised, if you have reasonable mechanical inclinations, how you can actually acquire drawing skills. Sure, perhaps you won't be a Leonardo Da Vinci but the whole element is to have fun with it. I was amazed at how much people had improved by the end of the first Perspective class...and I am referring to those who had no real drawing skills.

The Second perspective class was geared more towards free-handed drawing rather than with straight edges. It also worked in developing our speed. For me, I am good but I definitely need to practice more frequently to increase my speed. If I could, I probably could make a hefty some of money just specializing in this area.

Well, I hope you found this aspect of my schooling interesting, and if you have ever had a desire to take a beginner perspective class, take the chance. I think you might actually be amazed at how much you can pick up from doing it. Later.

8 Comments:

At Mon Jun 12, 06:12:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

WAAAAAY to cool T. I agree, you are very talented and will be raking in the dough in no time.

 
At Mon Jun 12, 09:06:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

NICE KITCHEN! Looks like it is about the size of my entire cottage...

You are a very talented man Tony! I am jealous!

 
At Mon Jun 12, 10:45:00 AM PDT, Blogger digital t-square said...

Wow! Great perspectives. Your work looks very professional. I see you being very successful!

 
At Mon Jun 12, 11:06:00 AM PDT, Blogger Mark said...

I can't draw a straight line or figure out where to put my couch, so people with talent like yours impress me very much! Very cool.

 
At Mon Jun 12, 07:06:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

you my friend are very talented.

 
At Mon Jun 12, 08:17:00 PM PDT, Blogger The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

You'll come in handy one day when I finally buy my dream home. I'm good at finding a look that I like but suck at putting it all together into one home.
For now my dream home will be in one of the desert cities around Palm Springs and of mid century design...or some variation thereof.

 
At Mon Jun 12, 08:20:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

If I only had a fraction of what you can do. You are going to go far in this business.

 
At Tue Jun 13, 12:25:00 AM PDT, Blogger brandon said...

I need to take a class on perspective. I'm horrible at drawing! You, however, are amazing. The details on the furniture are really striking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home