Thursday, June 15, 2006

TO A FELLOW BLOGGER BUT MOST OF ALL A SPECIAL FRIEND, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!


Today is all about a special person! If you already didn't pick this up from BrettCajun's site or you aren't a reader yet of his blog, today is Brett's 36th birthday. Yes he is slowly attaining "GRANDPA" age status. Hehehe! Guess we all must reach that state at some point. Just kidding Brett! You're as handsome as ever.

Just feel compelled to say a few words. A good many of you know Brett via his website and his infamous Jiggy Dances, perhaps email and IM exchanges. But I have had the pleasure of getting to know Brett on a more personal level and of meeting him in person. He truly is the person you read about on his blog, with perhaps the sassy, southern boy image stepped up a bit more on his blog.

To me Brett is genuine, personable, open, fun, sensitive. My friendship took off with Brett on a whim email I sent him. It pertained to a subtle comment he made in one of his posts back in late January of this year ~ something along the lines of being a 'good Catholic boy' (anh-ha!). He responded without hesitation and was genuinely interested to know if I was the Tony that had been posting recently in his blog. Our friendship has grown ever since that time. And need I say it gets stronger with each passing day. I find myself hoping that Brett finds all the happiness in the world as each day passes.

So on this day devoted to one BrettCajun, a fellow blogger but most of all a very special friend, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! May the goals that you envision and the dreams that you dream, unfold before your eyes. Brett ~ a big 'bear' hug and embrace. Wish I could do it in person. If you get a chance to wish Brett a happy birthday, do so.

5 Comments:

At Thu Jun 15, 04:35:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

I agree with both sorted and hypoxic... that luckiness runs both ways...

 
At Thu Jun 15, 05:45:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

*sniff* *sniff*, simply beautiful, LOL. I totally agree with ya tho T.

Happy birthday to the Stud Puppy!!

 
At Thu Jun 15, 07:20:00 AM PDT, Blogger Brettcajun said...

Awww.... what a great surprise Tony. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. That was truly touching and made me smile so brightly this morning. THANK YOU!!!! I appreciate it buddy!!!!

 
At Thu Jun 15, 05:45:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a good friend Tony. May you get the same kind of friends you are to others.

 
At Fri Jun 16, 08:38:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

you guys are great, I think you two are great together? You guys sound like ya'll really hit it off, lucky to find that kind of friendship.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home