Thursday, June 29, 2006

WHO'S UP FOR A BLOGGERS' GATHERING IN ORLANDO / A MOVIE SUGGESTION


OK...
I am a bit pressed for time since I was up late last night and again early this morning to wrap up some concept sketches for my 50,000 sq.ft. mixed-used commercial/residential project. They just love loading the work on the senior students. I have no concept of this size space and realistically what fits into it. But I guess I am going to learn real quick.

Anyway - on to my blog post. In Spider's post a few weeks ago, he put out the idea of a bloggers' get together in August, specifically August 26/27, when Pete from the Shortbus and I will be out visiting and before I head up to New York for some more sights. There has been some discussion of a trip to Sawmill, maybe some tubing on the Ichetucknee, which I think would be great to just kick back and get to know each other (no booze though on the river),
and/or rollercosters at IOA. We can pretty much make it anything that we'd like. I believe there have been definite verbal communications from Sorted Lives and Hypoxic that they would be in attendance.

But we would like to put this out again to you all. If there are any others out there that read me, Pete, Spider, Hypoxic, Sorted, etc. and would like to get away to Orlando for a short weekend, we would love to meet you all and make a day or two of fun out of the gathering. I am sure we will also have at least one night where we all get together for dinner. See Hypoxic and I have a date with a concoction known as a pineapple martini!!
WE NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON THOUGH SO THAT WE CAN START INVESTIGATING THE LOCATIONS AND MAKING ANY NECESSARY RESERVATIONS. NOT TO MENTION GETTING HOTEL INFORMATION TO POSSIBLY PASS ALONG TO YOU (UNLESS YOU HAVE YOUR OWN RESOURCES). Partners and boyfriends are welcome to come if they like. So check your calendars. If they're clear, see if you can swing it! For me, it's all about meeting all of you. No expectations - just the intent of having pure fun. The more the merrier.

So, again if
any of you are interested in attending the Southeastern Bloggers' PowWow, then get your 'arse' in gear, and speak up. No more lollygagging! You can contact Spider or me by email (our email addresses are part of our blogger profiles) and let us know that you are set to come and if you have any preference in what we all might do. Obviously, we may not please everyone, but remember the point of the gathering is to get to know each other and enjoy each others' company. The surroundings are secondary.

Kelly and YNAGER (Mmm! pineapple martinis 'Y'), can we twist your arms sufficiently enough to get you down here. You'd complete the group. Derek, are you and Mike definitively confirmed for those dates? What's going to work for you - the river? Looking forward to seeing everyone so give it some hard thought. LIVE VICARIOUSLY!!
---------------------------------


Next topic, a movie to go and see! Yesterday I spoke about the environment and ecology briefly. I saw a movie with my Ecology class a week or so ago. I had mixed feelings about seeing it. In the end, I am glad I did. It is AN UNCONVENTIONAL TRUTH with Al Gore. All I can say is there is potentially some scary stuff going on that I think we, as US citizens, need to step up and take the lead over the rest of the world's countries. Maybe it's propaganda and maybe it's not. I believe it's the later. If you see the movie, all you need to do is pay attention to one portion of the movie, if nothing else. It is when they show the before and after shots of key glacier sites around the world. Enough said without giving away any other components of the movie. I truly believe you will find it thought-provoking. Hopefully it inspires you to start making some changes, writing congressman and senators, and so on.

6 Comments:

At Thu Jun 29, 09:31:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

yep, I'm in, and up for anywhere you guys want to go, but just want to go ahead a book a place somewhere for that weekend. Mike hasn't given me a definite answer yet,but I'm pretty sure he will come with me unless he just can't get off work.

 
At Thu Jun 29, 10:06:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to meet you guys where-ever we end up. I am new to this blogging thing, and getting to know some of you quickly could possibly be a great way for me to learn some of the shortcuts. Poor Tony has to deal with my questions can I am too embarrassed to ask Brett anything..hehe.

 
At Thu Jun 29, 05:44:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joe said...

Great movie. I went a couple weeks ago when it opened in New Orleans. It's scary that we're doing this to our world and remain in denial over our actions.

By the way...yes I have realized it's always a competition with Brett. Shouldn't have even engaged him.

 
At Fri Jun 30, 06:31:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

I have a holiday planned down there in July, so I am out for this go round...maybe next time. Hope you all have a great time tho, make sure you give all the gossip, heeheehee

 
At Fri Jun 30, 12:42:00 PM PDT, Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

I would like to meet you all in Orlando....but I'd be a fool to say....yes for sure.....cuz I'm recovering from surgery......But if I can't make it....I may have to plan a get together somewhere in the mid-atlantic....

 
At Sat Jul 01, 08:08:00 AM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

I got my plane tickets and thong so I am ready to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home