Saturday, June 24, 2006

FEELS SOMEWHAT ANTI-CLIMATIC


At 10am this morning I will graduate from my Interior Design program with yet another Bachelor degree, this one in an entirely new field. Graduate? Well sort of! I still have five more weeks to go in the current Spring/Summer quarter along with one class and an internship next quarter. Oh, and lets not forget that one little blunder the school forgot to mention to me when I came into it nearly three years ago - I need to take an outside Art History class to complete the GE requirement portion for my degree. That I will most likely take on-line and probably after my last quarter.

But I have digressed...back to the point of my post ~ graduation. I qualified to participate in graduation and since it only occurs once a year, I had no desire to come back to school next summer to go through ceremony. So today I will do the official graduation 'walk' and receive that marvelous 'dummy' sheet of paper. The real sheepskin probably won't be in hand until Spring 2007. The walk also seems silly given a school blunder. Because of the mistake, the students are graduating midterm rather than at the end of the quarter. Just what one wants to do. Go back to school for another 5 weeks when you have gone through all the pomp and circumstance. It just all seems so anti-climatic!!

If I had to chose between which of my two Bachelor degrees mean the most to me, I probably say my first. I guess your first experience, perhaps at 'anything,' is often your most memorable. But I suspect I should be proud of myself for taking 3 years of my life, at the ripe ol' age of 43 (then), to achieve a dream. I just hope I will be blessed with the reality and successes of it. Thanks to each of you who have given me encouragement along the way. I hope you will be there until the end of my journey, at least, in December. I'll need the support based lately on the way I have felt about school.
So was graduation from high school/college a proud moment for you? Any fond memories?

Ya'll have a good weekend!

10 Comments:

At Sat Jun 24, 06:30:00 AM PDT, Blogger mattviews said...

OMG Congratulations Tony! What are you gonna wear? :)

I have never met you but I'm truly happy for ya. I remember a couple days ago you felt like life really sucks now...I hope you now see that all your hard work, perseverence, and discipline have paid off. Enjoy the day, share the hoy with all those who care for you.

I had my B.S. in chemistry, worked a few years in pharmaceutical, completely changed tack, go back to school to study history/comp. literature. I'm having the time of my life.

I'm getting ready for gay pride here...don't know what to wear yet?!

 
At Sat Jun 24, 06:41:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

CONGRATS Tony!I am really pround of you - especially proud of the fact you are going commando under your gown - now THAT takes guts!

Have been through 4 grads, like sorted, my BA was the proudest - I was the first on my Dad's side to go to college... the last MA was just GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE...

 
At Sat Jun 24, 07:51:00 AM PDT, Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

Anti-climatic? Freaking congratulations, Dude!!!!! :)

 
At Sat Jun 24, 08:24:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tony!!!

 
At Sat Jun 24, 09:47:00 AM PDT, Blogger Greg said...

Well an early congratulations to you! Earning my B.A. was deifintely a proud moment. It showed not only myself but my family that I had what it takes to survive in the world. It's an incredible thing, and you should be proud of your accopmlishment.

 
At Sat Jun 24, 01:30:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

congradulations, Mr. You have a lot to be proud of. Too awesome!

 
At Sat Jun 24, 07:00:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jack said...

Congrats Tony!

Hope you enjoy yourself.

Have fun!

J

 
At Sat Jun 24, 08:50:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

Congratulations bud, you have worked hard to get it, be proud when you walk up there and accept it.

 
At Sat Jun 24, 09:40:00 PM PDT, Blogger J.L. Atoz said...

Congratulations, any degree is worth celebrating.

 
At Sun Jun 25, 05:14:00 PM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

CONGRATS T...I didn't know it was coming up!!!

High School was best for me...I didn't go to my college, lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home