Monday, June 19, 2006

THOSE SOUTHERN BOYS DO IT TO ME EVERY TIME!

Picture from this site.

I am sure each and every one of you has something that just lights the fire under you! Something or someone that just gets you giddy every time you are around it/him.

For me, it has always been a person with all that warm southern personality and oh, that sweet southern drawl ~ music to my ears! And at the moment I am going bonkers as I have three friends in my life that all have that commonality. All I can say is "GRRRRRRR!!! - HOT!" I won't hide the fact of who they are ~ Spider, BrettCajun, and Derek. Most of you know I met Brett in person at the San Francisco Bloggers' PowWow this past April. Needless to say his blue eyes and 'twangy' voice had me at the get go. Pure melting butter. Then came my first phone conversation with Spider. The very first 'instant' thought in my head when I heard his voice was, "Oh my gosh! He has a southern 'twang too, just like BrettCajun (be still my heart)." Well with that ever flirtatious way of his, again I was absolute putty.

And now the latest. I had decided to pass my phone number along to this person, merely in the event of he or I needing to discuss the upcoming blogger's pow wow in Orlando in August. Well, out of the blue Saturday afternoon, some 30 minutes after I sent my email response I got a call from Derek at Past, Present, and Future. OK ~ Spider was so right in his post this past Friday...Derek has this incredible slow, deep, manly, sexy southern drawl. (Am I embarrassing you yet Derek?!?!) Woof! He bowled me over. All I can think of is that line from the Wizard of Oz that the wicked witch says as water is tossed on her, "I'm melting, melting, melting, mel.........." Hehehe!

So a dear friend of mine got wind of this and made a funny remark about the coincidences that had me laughing and quite frankly, put a devilish smirk on my face...let's just say I won't repeat the comment here. I swear, if I meet one more person with a southern drawl, y'all are going to have to send me off to a cloistered abbey. Lordy, lordy.

Do any of you have someone or some special thing that sends you over the edge?

11 Comments:

At Mon Jun 19, 06:02:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

Southern accents and cologne get my loins a-stirrin!!!

If I smell Ralph Lauren's original Polo, I am back in high school next to the hunky football team in the locker room, ggrrrrrrrrr, yowzer!!!!!

 
At Mon Jun 19, 06:05:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

AND TAN LINES, heeheehee

 
At Mon Jun 19, 06:41:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

you just made my day. Too funny! I don't have green eyes, but I was born in Atlanta, forgot to tell you that. I'd try and quote Rhett Butler on something, but I havn't quite woke up yet. Have a great week, I'll get with you later on what gets me stirred up.

 
At Mon Jun 19, 06:42:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

It has always been that coy, boy next door, "who me?" smile that does it for me - and couple that with red hair and a goatee, slap him in a white t-shirt jeans and white tennis shoes... I can NOT be held responsible...

 
At Mon Jun 19, 09:10:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tony said...

Y- Tan lines in the right places are hot. They just seem to highlight certain 'features.'

Derek - I'm glad I good your day started off right. Intended to do so!

Spider - Well I almost fill your bill for the perfect guy with the exception of red hair. I could dye my hair! But I will hhave you know that I do have splashes of read hair on me, goatee included.

 
At Mon Jun 19, 10:12:00 AM PDT, Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

A voice most definitely gets me every time!!!!

 
At Mon Jun 19, 10:35:00 AM PDT, Blogger mattviews said...

You're just too popular Tony. That picture of you in Hawaii a while ago send many head over heels!

Just checking in with you, say hello. I'm back in SF from Asia, free of jetlag thank God! Now I'm getting ready for the Pride weekend, heard it's gonna be very warm.

Hope your classes are going well.

 
At Mon Jun 19, 10:54:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tonito Bandito said...

Well, you haven't heard my twang yet..... soon for sure!! LOL

 
At Mon Jun 19, 01:41:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tony said...

GD - a nice voice is sweet.
Matt - thanks 4 the compliment.
Tonito - OMG, another Georgia boy!
Sorted - Older guys aye! I had a one time crush on someone in Ft. Lauderdale but unfortunately paths most likely will never cross (he's not a blogger by the way).

 
At Mon Jun 19, 06:19:00 PM PDT, Blogger Brettcajun said...

Awwww.... how sweet Tony!!! I wish I could go to that blogger pow wow you guys are doing. Just to see how crazy you go with all those Southern accents. Hee hee... I am curious about WHO is the TWANGIEST? (lol!) Thanks for the post... that made me laugh a lot!

 
At Mon Jun 19, 08:58:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While on the AIDS Lifecycle, this HOT! guy from England started talking to me, then my clothes feel off. *sigh*...
So yeah, guys from the UK totally have me at "ello"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home