Saturday, June 17, 2006

AM I FLIRTING?

In my post yesterday, I happened to mention that I was having a telephone conversation with a friend a couple of nights ago. Of course I mentioned that we had brought up the topic of nicknames. During our chat, he asked me how it felt to have so many people after me?!?! I sort of paused and then said somewhat candidly, maybe naively, "Who's after me? I don't have anyone after me?" My friend began to point out a few. My friend said, "Tony, you're such the flirt." I started to chuckle. I have never perceived myself as flirting with anyone intentionally, except for two people I can think of currently.

I really just try to be myself and have fun. I am often shy and quiet initially but once I get comfortable with someone or with my surroundings, I loosen up. Perhaps that is an allure for some individuals. If someone somehow sees that as flirting, maybe I should be flattered, maybe I should be a bit more cognizant and careful (only to ensure I don't hurt someone's feelings because they have misinterpreted my actions). I don't know ~ other than to just be myself.

I happened to stumble across this little quiz. You know I just love these little quizzes, if not for their accuracy but for the fun, light-hearted conversation they stimulate. It's a quiz on what kind of FLIRT you are. I landed a Natural Flirt response. I actually think its fairly accurate. I'd love to know what type of flirts you are so take the quiz and share the results with us in my comments section. And well, if you disagree, then speak up! Hope you all are having a great weekend.
You Are a Natural Flirt

Believe it or not, you're a really effective flirt.
And you're so good, you hardly notice that you're flirting.
Your attitude and confidence make you a natural flirt.
And the fact that you don't know it is just that more attractive!

8 Comments:

At Sat Jun 17, 07:15:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

You Are Seductive Flirt

Smoldering hot, you don't really flirt. You seduce.
For you, flirting is just foreplay.
You don't flirt unless it's going somewhere.
You have one goal in mind when you flirt... And you usually get it!


HeeHeeHee hmmmmm, *wink, wink*

Flirting is fun and I have always loved being on the receiving end of a flirt!!!

Have a great weekend T

 
At Sat Jun 17, 07:36:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm a fun flirt!! Didn't realise it. I'll have to pay more attention to what I do. I do love flirting though. Tony, I've loved your blog. Keep up the great work!!
Have a great weekend!!!

 
At Sat Jun 17, 09:47:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tony said...

Sorted...the computer thing will fall into place I am sure. That message you got means you did'nt copy all of the text appropriately. The greater than and less than symbols at either end of the html address are crucial to having in the copy. Loose them and things are a disaster.

Y....oh boy, a seductive flirt. I'd better stay away from you. hehehe!

Mark...Thank you for such a nice compliment.

 
At Sat Jun 17, 11:11:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Me, I am a FUN FLIRT...

You just can't help yourself... you flirt with everyone you know.
Guys, girls, crushes, and friends. They're all victims to your charm.
You're into silly innuendos, sexy jokes, and playful touches.
You are a huge flirt, yet you never make anyone (too) uncomfortable!

To me, flirting, like holding hands, is one of the simple pleasures in life.

As for YOU being a flirt Tony, does the bear shit in the woods?

 
At Sat Jun 17, 01:46:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tony said...

Spider,
I don't know if the bear shits in the wood. I've never heard him! ;-) So I guess it doesn't happen. (lol) And I can see you being the fun flirt 'cause you definitely know how to throw around those innuendos hot stuff!

 
At Sat Jun 17, 10:33:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

I'm a flirt, your a flirt, he's a flirt, she's a flirt whouldn't you like to be a natural flirt too. (sung to the doctor pepper song)

 
At Sun Jun 18, 06:35:00 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

I am a natural...go figure...happy sunday

 
At Wed Jun 21, 06:28:00 AM PDT, Blogger mattviews said...

Ha! I'm a natural flirt! (how does that happen?)

If commenting on a piece of classical music being too spooky counts as a flirt, I guess I flirted pretty well.

Yesterday I sat at a cafe early in the morning, plowing through some books for the class I teach in a couple weeks, a piece of dark, spooky classical music came on and I just said what's on my mind and this guy must have thought I was flirting with him! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home