Sunday, June 18, 2006

A HAPPY FATHER'S DAY WISH


Dear Dad,

Where ever you are seated amidst heaven's shaded fields, I know you are in total peace gazing down on the life you left behind, waiting patiently for your wife and children to join you so that you can share the abundance of joy you are experiencing.

On this special day of all days for fathers, know that I miss you terribly. If my arms could reach the infinite distance that you are from me, they would be tightly wrapped around you with the biggest hug a loving son could give. Alas, I know that is not physically possible. But I can say that I will go to sleep tonight and in my dreams I will give you that much needed hug and utter those long sought-after words, "I love you!" Happy Father's Day Dad!

**Guys, if you can and I know there are exceptions for some, take the time to tell your dad that you love and appreciate him.** A special happy father's day to Scotty over at the Other Side of Straight. I think a good many of you know Scotty already but for those of you who do not, Scotty is a father of three and a gay man that loves his children dearly, who clearly realizes that they are above all things. My hat is off to you bud!


6 Comments:

At Sun Jun 18, 06:52:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

great post there T...Hope you have a great end to your weekend.

 
At Sun Jun 18, 08:48:00 AM PDT, Blogger Joel said...

Awwww...thx Tony! you're the best!

Hugz...

 
At Sun Jun 18, 09:31:00 AM PDT, Blogger The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

Spoke to my Dad yesterday :) Had sent something from afar (he is in VA). The rest of the family gets to be with him this weekend.

Great post Tony...hope you're enjoying the weekend.

 
At Sun Jun 18, 12:29:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

great entry T, it was great talking to you, I greatly enjoyed it, Our friends Val and Rochelle took us out on Father's Day today, with little Aaron, we're not father's but we sure enjoy them.

 
At Sun Jun 18, 06:29:00 PM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Beautiful post Tony - I spoke with my Dad today - the normal stilted conversation, but I called... and that is all I can do. You are a lucky man to have such great memories... cherish them forever...

 
At Mon Jun 19, 07:35:00 AM PDT, Blogger Robert said...

*smiles*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home