Friday, June 23, 2006

JUST A TAD OF GRAPHIC DESIGN MIXED WITH INTERIOR DESIGN

I first wanted to take this opportunity to thank those of you who had well wishes for me today regarding the submission of my thesis paper. Mind you this paper in no way remotely comes close to the thesis work done in a masters program. But it was crucial for me as it was suppose to describe what I perceive as my design philosophy. And I am sure some of you might be thinking, "a piece of cake." NOT. I thought that too and this turned out to be one of the hardest papers I have had to write since starting the program. But the paper and presentation on my project design objectives are over. I survived and the instructors liked my design thesis of DESIGN FOSTERING COMMUNITY WITHIN A COMMUNITY. I just need to prune some of the extraneous stuff as I had a pretty aggressive and comprehensive plan. Unfortunately the time allotted for the quarter to work this project is just not sufficient to allow proper build up of my topic. Of course, all this work was for my Senior Project I class.

I also had a personal logo and a revamped resume due today for my Senior Portfolio class. I had several concepts of a personal logo that I started with and went through one round of commentary with the instructor to get input towards revising my logo. I wish I could show you the original sketches I had of the process I went through designing the logo but the graphic artist has them. Once I had my concepts and logo colors in mind I opted to have a graphic artist pull the logo together for me. I unfortunately did not have the appropriate software to generate what I desired. The artist came back with about 16 different variations of what I wanted and some with a few extra twists. Ultimately there was one logo in the bunch that was suitable for what I needed between my resume, my letterhead, and my electronic portfolio.

Yes I did pay a price for the logo but it took so much stress away from me. Had I had to complete the logo on my own ~ well lets just say, I would not have been turning in my logo or my thesis paper today. Something would have had to give.

So without further proclamation, here is the logo I chose (my initials). The instructor was actually quite please with it. It suits its purpose for now.

11 Comments:

At Fri Jun 23, 05:16:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Oh yea... the logo is VERY SHARP! I LOVE IT! Clean, simple, neat and very sharp! Really nice job Tony - love your signature orange... very very nice - good job!

 
At Fri Jun 23, 06:00:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

Very Cool. Sharp, classic and just a splash of color. Looks very professional. heeheehee orange

 
At Fri Jun 23, 07:16:00 AM PDT, Blogger mattviews said...

The logo is definitely catchy. :)

Yike, thesis! Mine will be due next spring...it's continuous work for me!

 
At Fri Jun 23, 08:42:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

As Chico used to say "Looking Good"

 
At Fri Jun 23, 10:19:00 AM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

The design is beautiful, very elegant. I'm still not that big of a fan of orange, couldn't you change the dot in the j to, I don't know, lavender? Heehee, sorry, couldn't resist.

 
At Fri Jun 23, 12:39:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tony said...

Thanks you guys for the compliments! I am very happy with it.

MEK...as for the orange dot from a serious standpoint, its in, but I did have the design created so I could change out the dot at anytime. I went with the gray combos because its neurtal and so many colors look great and "hip' against it. I love red with it!

 
At Fri Jun 23, 01:02:00 PM PDT, Blogger Brettcajun said...

Yeah, it's a cool design. That guy did a great job and you made a great choice Tony. Have a good weekend! I'll be in the country all weekend with horses, chickens, and cows. ;)

 
At Fri Jun 23, 07:40:00 PM PDT, Blogger The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

I can't say enough of how pleased I was when I had a graphic designer come up with my business card for massage work. For about $250 it was so worth it. Now if I could just put it to good use ;)

Nice looking Logo Tony :) Now you can relax a little after this hurdle.

 
At Fri Jun 23, 10:45:00 PM PDT, Blogger digital t-square said...

the graphics are bold, but "not in your face." it definitely has a corporate identity feeling. the graphic as shown, with the orange accent, will look great on your stationery and signage. but think about how the orange may, or may not, reproduce (on your titleblock) when making large format prints, which are usually black and white. the grayscale will reproduce nicely in both color and black and white.

 
At Fri Jun 23, 10:53:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tony said...

Dig.T-Square:

The Logo is actually for personal items such as my letterhead, resume, and portfolio. It is not my business logo. I have something else in mind for that and I may be joining up with two other people as partners (so that would be yet another logo). But you are right when considering what will tranfer format wise to things such as construction documents that have a title block.

 
At Fri Jun 23, 10:54:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tony said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home