Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A MOMENT'S REFLECTION...THEN READ "HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? (#8)"


Read on to post#2, HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?, when you are done below.
Stonewall has been but one of a number events representative of injustices this world has seen. For some it may be viewed as .....perhaps not as vicious and large in scale as the Holocaust of WWII.... perhaps not as degrading as slavery during the American Civil War. But I beg to differ if not merely on a different level. Clearly the later events were perhaps far larger in scale. But any form of hate destroys the very fiber, the very essence of our being. I hope we each take a moment to reflect the past and how each of us can make a difference by simply doing one thing a day that is contrary to our "first reaction, " if I am making sense here.

Hold your head high! Let the essence of this day ring forever. Thanks again Kel for bringing on the challenge of the flag to get us all to remember who we are.

1 Comments:

At Tue Jun 27, 02:42:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blog today. Pride is something that I have been getting more and more on my soap-box about over the past few years. It was a short time ago that I did not discuss many of the issues I feel so incredibly passionate about today. Seeing more and more taking the 'challenge' is refreshing. I even was a participant in the Pride Parade here in Houston this year. That was a first for me, but definitly not the last. Look forward to attacking some of the more major issues with us on the same team in the future.

BTW, thank you so much for all of the help with the blog beginnings. Still a little messy, but getting better each day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home