Monday, June 26, 2006

ANOTHER SPECIAL DAY ~ HAPPY 4OTH BIG GUY!!


You all know that my dearest friends mean a lot to me. I may not be able to shower them with the moon at this time when it comes to gifts. But I sure can find the simplest ways to tell them how much I care and appreciate them. So today is a special day for yet another special person in my life.

I have a friend in San Francisco who happens to be stepping up in the world. Today he joins the hot 40's Club! Nothing could be finer than the guys who make up this group. His name is Rob and he happens to be a blogger as well. He writes under Roblog. Some of you may remember him from BrettCajun's when he was covering our SF Blogger's PowWow in April of this year under his blog. Rob and his graduation/housewarming party kind of set the tone for getting the ball rolling on the PowWow.

I have to mention a few words about Rob. Rob was my first blogger buddy and one of my first gay friends as I began my journey 'out.' I know him personally. He is truly one of the most genuine, kindest, intelligent, trusting, trustworthy, and sexiest of all the friends I have. Not to mention having that killer 'muscle bear' look. Rob I hope you don't shot me for posting your picture, but it is one of my favorites of you. See Rob has this thing about smiling for the camera...you generally have to do a sneak attack to get one of him with it. But man when he smiles, his face lights up. OK ROB ~ HAVE I TOTALLY EMBARRASSED YOU. WELL, IF I DID, I'M SORRY BUT I DO MEAN EVERY WORD OF IT BUD! There is a long history behind Rob that I think is best saved for those that might choose to venture to his blog and endeavor in some time reading through it. I know that you will recognize what an incredible person he is once you do. Rob happens to be partnered to an fantastic guy who thinks the world of Rob and who Rob feels the same about. Rob calls his partner his "Hairy Arab" and his name is Fuad. And boy is Fuad built. I told Fuad via a post on Rob's blog that he has the biceps and forearms I would die to have. I guess it helps to be a personal trainer and to be genetically blessed.

So now you have met another of my friends. Rob, Happy 4oth big guy! I wish I could be there to say it in person. A BIG 'BEAR' HUG! I wish you nothing but 'smooth' sailing through your forties and much, much happiness. Nice to know that the world is populated with yet one more "DADDY BEAR." Hehehe! I just had to do it again Rob.

To my fellow blogger friends, I hope when you have a moment today that you stop by Rob's blog and wish him a happy birthday. Tomorrow, I hope to post my eco-friendly lamp that I had to create for my Ecology class. Working on the schematic diagram portion of the project at this moment. Later.

7 Comments:

At Mon Jun 26, 05:02:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

Happy Birthday to Rob! T you are one of a kind, I can tell.

I'm so ready for that weekend in August.

 
At Mon Jun 26, 05:28:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony, your post on Rob is so sweet. Your are a good friend to write something so nice. Hope you're getting out of that funk. Many great things await you.

 
At Mon Jun 26, 06:15:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

AWWWWW T, too sweet. I have been reading Rob for a while now, and from what I can tell, he is a total sweetie (and a total hunk), just like you. Welcome to the 40's Robbo.

 
At Mon Jun 26, 03:43:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

I will have to wish him a very Happy Birthday.

 
At Mon Jun 26, 05:07:00 PM PDT, Blogger Brettcajun said...

Hmmm... it is funny how Rob didn't publicize turning 40. Does he have the same hangups about age that I do??? Hmmm...

 
At Mon Jun 26, 06:50:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony you are too sweet. Thank you thank you thank you.

Yes, I am embarrassed. Your description of me is too generous but you sure hit the bulls-eye with Fuad!

Thanks for the birthday wished guys!!

 
At Mon Jun 26, 09:27:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tonito Bandito said...

Happy Birthday from the deep south!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home