Tuesday, June 27, 2006

HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? (#8)

Can someone tell me what today is? It's Tuesday! It's Tuesday! And that means it's time for HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? Time to drum up all the smuck and lay it all out on the line. It seems that most of the posts for this segment have been predominantly light-hearted so today I thought I'd mix it up with something a bit more serious. Some may not necessarily be in a state where this is likely to happen but I am sure you have had prior experiences, so feel free to share your thoughts based on those circumstances.

So today's questions goes as follows: How do you like to receive news of a pending breakup ~ with immediate gut-wrenching pain like having a bandaid suddenly ripped from one of your hairy arms and legs OR slowly, likened to studying how painful it could be if I pull the bandaid off slowly, tugging carefully so as to minimize and cover-up the pain being experienced. I must say, I would want the breakup to happen immediately but hopefully the person separating would be classy and dignified in the manner with which he conveyed the breakup.

How is this question hitting each of you? Have you personally experienced this yourself? As always, use my comment section to share with us your thoughts!

PSI. I am looking to do that post on my eco-friendly lamp tomorrow night. Sorry.

10 Comments:

At Tue Jun 27, 04:28:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Don't have the time or the patience for the slow shit, just yank that puppy off and get it over with - the end result is going to be the same - the wound will be exposed...

 
At Tue Jun 27, 04:32:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jack said...

Hi Tony!

I'm like Sorted.

Twice I saw it coming.

The first time I let it happen and believe me every hair on my arm was pulled one by one by that band aid.

I ended breaking it off.

The second time, I was the one pulling on that band aid and I did it so slow, I guess he didn't see it or didn't want to see it. I finally pulled the rest of the way in one swift movement.

A the relief after.

But if it were new, please pull it quick.

J

 
At Tue Jun 27, 04:35:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

same as sorted. I would like to see it was coming. The worst for me was a three year relationship, the last 6 months he spent cheating on me, I knew he was traveling a lot, but was told it was for work, then a friend in New Orleans called me and told me he was there and was seeing someone. I was still in disbelief until I called this unknown person in New Orleans, and he actually answered the phone. So after that experience a quick yank it, rip it off would be better for me, than the slow way.

 
At Tue Jun 27, 06:14:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

I have to agree with Sorted/Joel and Derek on this one...just thinking about it (the past that is) on both ways, gave me a knot in my gut. YUCKO< I hate that miserable feeling either way.

 
At Tue Jun 27, 08:50:00 AM PDT, Blogger Brettcajun said...

As an eternal optimist, I am forever hoping things would get better and I tend to give a million chances and hope baby steps would lead to a happier relationship. So... I am a slooooooooow puller of band aids. (breakups)

 
At Tue Jun 27, 09:26:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

BTW Stud - I think you mean "ECO-friendly" lamp rather than "EGO-friendly"... boy was THAT a Fruedian slip if I ever saw one! LOL

 
At Tue Jun 27, 10:37:00 AM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

Being the show 'mo I am I have to say "Tell Me On A Sunday", please.

That would probably be the slow path I'm thinking. I've had every one rip the hair off my arms, and I'm really hairy, and far too sensitive, I mean, damn, I went on Prozac because I couldn't take being dumped quickly by three guys in a row.

Slow please, thank you.

 
At Tue Jun 27, 11:05:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tony said...

MEK...Yucco! I think I coulod only imagine what that felt like having three people say no in a row.

SPIDER...leave it to you to find that typo and then rip me to pieces. HEHEHE! Who knows maybe I was thinking ego subconsciously. But I have corrected the typo. ;-)

BRETT...Way too slow mo bro! A few to many concessions on hurt. Change can be a good thing.

 
At Tue Jun 27, 12:28:00 PM PDT, Blogger The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

Having not had a relationship of this sort to date I am unqualified to answer this question based on experience :) but I think I'd like to see it coming.

 
At Mon Jul 03, 08:59:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just end it and let me move on. I prefer to say what I need to say and be done with it (I don't get dumped :) ).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home