Saturday, July 15, 2006

DOG TIRED!


Why is everyone so dog tired these days? Is it because we push ourselves to the limits for reasons that we should not? Is it because we feel a need to push ourselves to gain some reward ~ perhaps monetary, perhaps material, hell perhaps physical? Is it because we seek self fulfillment which is really beyond our means or needs? Do we push ourselves because we are hiding or running away from something ~ hurt, loneliness, lack of self-confidence. All wear at the very core of our being. And to whose benefit? Certainly not ours. More often than not, it benefits someone else, not us. It can be an individual. It can be a corporate entity.

Pause....Take a moment! Think about it. Really, think about it! I bet if you do, you'll see that there is some element of truth to what I say if not in full agreement. Heck, I'm tired just thinking about what I wanted to say here. I guess we keep trudging along in this "PUSH, PUSH, PUSH" mode because we have this innate sense of obligation. But I think we put too much emphasis on obligation at times. Don't get me wrong. There are times where we do have obligations or are better served for taking the occasional plunge fulfilling them.

I'm for moderation. And every now and then I believe you simply need to tell someone, "STUFF IT!," including employers. Of course, the comment should be tailored to the situation. To some of my friends, I know your working your butts off and all for good reasons. Just remember to live some of that life too. Now if I can only repeat that to myself a couple of times, maybe I wouldn't be so stressed over school. Well, I've spoken my piece. I guess I am just dog tired!

6 Comments:

At Sat Jul 15, 07:20:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jack said...

Life is just getting to fast.

We gotta learn to slow down.

If not, we will not be living.

Why struggle to earn a living if we don't live?

 
At Sat Jul 15, 07:37:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

well tired is probably the one thing I am not. But maybe that's because I've been sleeping almost 12 hours a day for the last 15 days, lol. I just want to get out so bad, and things back to normal. Some days I'm o.k. with the pain, but days like today with it being beautiful and about 5 people calling me to see if I'm up to doing something, and me having to tell them, I'd love too but I can't. I went to the grocery store yesterday by myself, and have been paying for it all day today.

 
At Sat Jul 15, 08:28:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

Bravo!
I've been advocating "slowing down' for years. Speed kills, literally.
In Winnie the Pooh one of the animals hangs out a sign "Bisy. Backson". We channel too much of "Bisy Backson"
I plan to spend Sunday doing hardly anything-I am looking forward to that.

 
At Sat Jul 15, 12:32:00 PM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

It just must be the way I am wired, or "wired"... I am much happier if I am busy than if I have nothing to do. I am not one who can sit and do nothing but look at the view, I have to be doing something. I guess I also approach life very black and white - all or nothing, your very best or nothing at all, balls to the wall or get the hell out of the way...

Yea, I am about to drop, but I am happier than if I had nothing to do...

Yea, I know, a Type A heart attack looking to happen...

 
At Sat Jul 15, 05:19:00 PM PDT, Blogger The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

I wish I could find the article I saw about a year ago about a woman CEO who had all these amazing programs for her employee's and who got on their cases if they DIDN'T take ALL of their 5 or 6 weeks of vacation every year. Was a great story.

 
At Sat Jul 15, 10:19:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time we come up with one more gadget that helps us multi-task, I shudder. It means that we are now physically capable of doing "x" more things per day, and over time, it becomes expected us. How I yearn for the days we all take a giant chill pill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home