Thursday, July 13, 2006

WORD PLAY ~ 'CREVICE'

**Thanks for allowing me to make yesterday's post. So here is Wednesday WORD PLAY a day late. It will post in its normal slot next week, 7/19/06.**


CREVICE
Pronunciation: 'kre-v&s
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French crevace, from crever to break, from Latin crepare to crack
: a narrow opening resulting from a split or crack (as in a cliff): rift: cranny, breach, or gap : FISSURE

Welcome to the official kick-off of Wednesday WORD PLAY, one day late of course. It's short, sweet, and to the point as I mentioned in my preview post of it this past Saturday's post. Today's kickoff word is CREVICE.

Usage: Mom used to tell me, "Be sure you clean behind all the nooks, crannies, and crevices to be sure everything is clean." Perhaps not the true usage of the word but it works for what I wanted it to work for. ;-) [Ok, I am wondering where your minds have gone with that one. Shame on you, if they did go there!]

So again, here is the "play" portion...any comment you leave must use the word crevice in it. Your response can be about anything ~ the post, me (watch it!), something about you, something happening in your life. Knock yourself out thinking of something serious, humorous, or off-beat to comment about.

9 Comments:

At Thu Jul 13, 07:36:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

???? I suck at this, sorry T- I searched every crevice in my mind, but can not come up with a single usage.

 
At Thu Jul 13, 08:49:00 AM PDT, Blogger Greg said...

RE: the cartoon in your post

Marcus grabbed his bike by the handlebars and swung it across the crevice in an attempt to stop the blabbering of his now-former lover.

 
At Thu Jul 13, 09:16:00 AM PDT, Blogger Bigg said...

I love your blog. I hope some day the divide between your enormous talent and my almost non-existent talent becomes less of a crevasse and more of a crevice.

Okay, that was bad, but I did work the word in there!

 
At Thu Jul 13, 12:18:00 PM PDT, Blogger mattviews said...

My date last night with J can be thought as a narrow crevice of one good fortune in a checkered life of dating and relationship.

As you can tell, I'm all head-over-heels now. I don't even make sense.

Take care T.

 
At Thu Jul 13, 02:03:00 PM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

The crevice between my life as I see it and my life as others see it is as wide as the crevice between George Bush and Elmo, which, come to think of it is not a big crevice at all so that is a bad example of a wide crevice.

Do I get brownie points for using it 4 times in a sentence?

 
At Thu Jul 13, 06:09:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

There is an itch in my crevice, can you help me scratch it, I just can't reach and it's feels like it's in there deep.

 
At Thu Jul 13, 06:40:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

Before you throw yourself in a crevice, make sure you fed the goat.
Old Norwegian saying that doesn't translate well obviously

 
At Fri Jul 14, 08:02:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

I heard about your dream. You know what it means when you dream of snakes exploring every crevice of your body.

 
At Fri Jul 14, 09:43:00 AM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

I wouldn't mind snuggling inside of Tony's crevice (*teehee*, you said we could make it about you!) ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home