Saturday, July 08, 2006

WORD PLAY - "BREVITY"

BREVITY
Pronunciation: 'bre-v&-tE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
Etymology: Latin brevitas, from brevis
: shortness of duration : shortness or conciseness of expression

Welcome to WORD PLAY. Short, sweet, and to the point. And what better way to start than with the word brevity.

Usage: In practicing brevity, one hopefully can increase readership of one's blog.
(Ok, no comments from the peanut gallery, please!)

So here is the "play" portion...any comment you leave must use the word brevity in it. Your response can be about anything ~ the post, me (watch it!), something about you, something happening in your life. Have fun with it. I may move this segment ultimately to Wednesdays for caption as Wednesday Word Play.


6 Comments:

At Sat Jul 08, 12:44:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

Brevity is the soul of wit.

 
At Sat Jul 08, 07:05:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jack said...

Breveties are fun!

A surprise visit from the BF on your lunch break at the office. Driving down the highway.
In the changing room of a store.
In the restroom of a high class restaurant.
At the movies.
And the list goes on and on and...

 
At Sat Jul 08, 07:05:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

I love the brevity of this post! EXCELLENT JOB!

 
At Sat Jul 08, 11:24:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

i'll keep it short and sweet, miss you guys out there. Miss the Brevity too.

 
At Sat Jul 08, 03:23:00 PM PDT, Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

Did you know a breve latte is made with steamed cream rather than milk? I know this cuz I used to be a manager for Starbucks. But due to the fact that I don't have alotta time today......you'll have to excuse me for the brevity of my explanation....for this sortta coffee drink.

 
At Mon Jul 10, 11:40:00 AM PDT, Blogger Greg said...

The brevity of your post has me thinking that perhaps my own are a bit long winded....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home