Thursday, September 07, 2006

A PHOTO PERSPECTIVE OF THE MODERN MUSEUM OF ART ~ NEW YORK CITY

OK GUYS! It's time for some culture. Some of you may not be art fanatics like I am but I have to admit, the twenty something dollars that I spent on my visit to the MoMA in New York City, was worth every dollar spent. Pete and I spent nearly 3 1/2 hours in this museum scoping out every floor 's nook-and-cranny! Even outside in the courtyard area. This was a well thought out building design from interior views to outdoor views. Simply phenomenal! So without further ado, here are some of my highlight photos....

ENJOY!

The Exterior of the MoMA building.
Entrance to MoMA.
Interior shot - top floor.
Entry to DADA art exhibition - Primarily Audio Visual Art.
Lower Gallery and entry to MoMA.
Guess even a helicopter suspended in a museum can be art!
Artist - Gauguin.
Artist - Van Gogh.


Artist - Claude Monet.
Artist/Painting - Picasso.
Artist/3D Art - Picasso.
Artist - Andy Warhol.
3D twisted metal sculpture.


Mies Van De Rohe BARCELONA Chair.
The evolution of vehicular transportation as art.
MoMA Courtyard / Sculpture pieces present.

P.S. Posts may be infrequent over the next 5 days or so since I have a floor plan to convert to CAD (computer graphics) by the start of my 1st fall class next Tuesday.

9 Comments:

At Thu Sep 07, 12:51:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jasmine said...

thanks for your article.
that's enjoyable

 
At Thu Sep 07, 03:48:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

I AM SO JEALOUS... the barcelona chairs I so want for my living room... and the room with the drawers in the round cylinder and the art behind it... WOW! What a wonderful day - one day I will get to experience it - looks like you two had such a great time...

 
At Thu Sep 07, 04:55:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

that was one of my favorite placed to visit when I was there, I think I spend half the day there. I'm enjoying all the pictures. Pete said you took over 2000 pictures.

 
At Thu Sep 07, 07:21:00 AM PDT, Blogger mattviews said...

Hey thanks for the great pictures and sharing. It's about time to head back to the Big Apple I guess. I'm glad you had a great time with friends after a working so hard over summer. Love Monet!

I'm off for the entire semester--no teching, no TA, no being reader. Getting ready for Lake Tahoe weekend and then Asia.

Have a great Thursday!

 
At Thu Sep 07, 10:47:00 AM PDT, Blogger Greg said...

You know, I'm very impressed that you managed to take pictures of those paintings. Most museums would grab your camera and fling it throught the front doors. They look great!

 
At Thu Sep 07, 03:37:00 PM PDT, Blogger Curtis said...

How cool . . . thanks!

 
At Thu Sep 07, 03:51:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

Ah the memories, I just remember you squeeling when you saw twisted metal piece. Makes me laugh.

 
At Thu Sep 07, 09:04:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

lovely photos!
We used to call modern art on the lawns of buildings 'heliocopter crashes' - and now there is a heliocopter as art!
Personally I prefer the old masters!

 
At Sun Sep 10, 10:42:00 PM PDT, Blogger ~Joy~ said...

Great pics! So many memories of my visit there. Gotta go back!
~Joy~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home