Tuesday, August 22, 2006

MY SPIRIT SOARED (For Marc And Josh)

I was truly amazed yesterday at all the wonderful tributes left in blogland for Marc of Voyeur Nation. I believe he would have been overwhelmed by all the blog readers who shared how he had touched their lives. I know that each of us will keep a part of Marc alive in us whether it be through participation in Gay Men Rule, through what we chose to write about and how we write it in our blogs, through those we ultimately reach out to willingly and unselfishly.

So today, I have chosen to postpone my typical Tuesday HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? post until Wednesday. Death often stirs so many emotions and for some, a need to let go of fears and sadness. In the place of my usual Tuesday post, I have a poem in honor of Marc and a loving brother, Josh, who stood by his side those last hours. Hugs!

MY SPIRIT SOARED

My spirit soared high today
In this all too familiar, but oh, so unfamiliar world.
Reminiscing of all that has passed,
Yearning for a day far more beautiful.

As it soared, my spirit’s senses were lost,
Lost in earth’s pleasurable abundances.
Abundances bestowed by a Heavenly Father,
A Father far greater than one can comprehend.

My spirit felt nature’s cool breezes
Like loving caresses a mother bestows upon her baby.
It basked in the piercing rays of the sun,
As if they were the smiles of every human beaming the day’s joy.

My spirit felt the midday’s gentle rains,
Its streams like soft tears cast to the ground.
The soul relished the ever-sweet scent of earth’s gardens
Like the overwhelming feeling one has when arriving home.

But my spirit grew weary,
Like a child stumbling to the ground.
It somehow knew this pain was temporary
Much like the darkness of night casts on daylight.

Now my spirit flounders aimlessly in space
Much like a newborn puppy clings to its mother’s breast.
Until another day beckons
Like an explosion far greater than before.

As my spirit soars this time,
It recognizes this day is different than any other.
For the day’s beauty is far more brilliant.
Its aura far more suggestive of a place called home.

And then my spirit languishes in this place of peace and serenity,
As if an eagle nesting high above the forests’ tree tops.
My spirit has no other desire
For it is HOME in Heaven’s garden.

Author: Tony

8 Comments:

At Tue Aug 22, 02:21:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Beautiful Tony - really beautiful...

 
At Tue Aug 22, 06:17:00 AM PDT, Blogger T-Bird said...

Make that VERY beautiful.

 
At Tue Aug 22, 07:39:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't know me, I talked to Marc back and forth on Voyeur Nation a lot over the past year but only commented on GMR when I had an opinion I thought I had a real education about...but I've always read there. But I know you are very close to Joshua and Marc, and that your grief must be very large too.

I wanted to thank you for helping to try to take care of Joshua...for all you've said and done.

Your tributes are beautiful, Tony.

*Blessings*
Lynn

 
At Tue Aug 22, 08:32:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

really sweet T, beautiful words and gesture.

 
At Tue Aug 22, 09:09:00 AM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

Very beautiful :)
Thank you

 
At Tue Aug 22, 07:08:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

I was just thinking the same thing about "Gay Men Rule", how he touched so many of our lives.

Beautiful tribute T.

 
At Tue Aug 22, 07:53:00 PM PDT, Blogger ~Joy~ said...

Beautiful tribute...I cried about half way...Yeah I know Emotional one here...
Take care.
~Joy~

 
At Tue Aug 22, 08:34:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

Have fun on your trip :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home