Friday, August 18, 2006

JUST 5 MORE DAYS...


...until I am on my way to Orlando, Florida, for the gathering of Southeast bloggers. Then it will be on to New York - Albany and New York City - with my bud, Pete (The Shortbus - tentatively disbanded). By the way, Pete is commenting on blogs occassionally as Heavycream1971, for those of you who read him.

I am so excited to meet everyone and to see yet one more state in the U.S. (haven't seen Florida). That incredible superstud, Spider, has offered Pete and me accomodations at The Cottage and we graciously accepted. I am actually coming into Orlando two days early so I can spend some 'extra' time there. Sounds like we'll be hitting the beach one day...someone tell me if the eye-candy will be in abundance, pul-leeze! Looks like the group gathering in Orlando will include Pete (The Shortbus), Hypoxic, Sorted, Derek and woofy partner Mike, Spider, possibly ColaBoy, and myself among possible others. If there are any last minute people that would like to join us, let myself or Spider know via email. We'll miss people like Brad and Justin, Kel and his partner, Marc, Joshua, etc. ~ perhaps another time.
On August 29th, I'll be leaving Orlando and moseying on up through Albany to see Pete's hometown, just outside the Albany city limits. I'll be there for a few days and then Pete and I are bogeying down to NY City. This will be my second time back to the Big Apple. If I have any readers from NYCity or nearby, Pete and I would love to meet up with you in the city, if you're game. Just let us know. And if anybody has any recommendations on what to see or do, outside the major landmarks which I saw last time, let me know. That goes for any good eateries, restaurants, shows, bars/nightlife and other things to do.

BEAST, I'M COMING! GRRR!

11 Comments:

At Fri Aug 18, 04:35:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Can't wait... am really getting excited about the whole thing! Even Hampton is going to get her hair done this weekend for the occasion...

 
At Fri Aug 18, 04:37:00 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

take lots of pictures when you go... i wish we could be there....ughhhh...

 
At Fri Aug 18, 08:04:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

yes, please take photos!
good travels for you!

 
At Fri Aug 18, 09:26:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony,
Wish I could have pulled it off, but I just cannot do Orlando right now. It figures, you are going to FL then NY, I am going to NY in September then to Tampa, FL right afterwards. We will meet up eventually though.

When you are in NY, go to the club called SPLASH. It is on 17th between 6th and 7th. It is a BLAST on Saturday nights! And I know this is going to sound strange coming from a Texas Boy...but the Caliente Cab Company has the BEST guacamole I have ever tasted!

The Garage is also a cool place to go after work for the happy hour. A little bit of everything is going on in that place all the time.

If you are into shopping, take a quick stroll to Century 21. There is so much to se in that store and the prices are incredible. It is located directly across the street from Ground Zero.

 
At Fri Aug 18, 09:33:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, Your Roger phots are out there now darlin...just for you.

 
At Fri Aug 18, 09:52:00 AM PDT, Blogger Brad said...

Ugh. It was such a letdown for me when we discovered that Justin's schedule confilicted. I've been a bit depressed ever since.

I know you'll have a fabulous time among amazing friends. I just wish I could be there.

 
At Fri Aug 18, 11:20:00 AM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

Man I need to put in my vacation request. LOL, I can't believe I still haven't done it. But it's not as though I haven't told everyone I was going to be out.

 
At Fri Aug 18, 11:23:00 AM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

BTW Heavycream is my Yahoo ID if you want to chat drop me a line.

 
At Fri Aug 18, 02:14:00 PM PDT, Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

Unrelated, Tony :)
I've enjoyed your blog and the time we've shared getting to know one another. I'm slowly making my rounds with all the peeps I've connected with to thank them. I don't think I'll ever be blogging again....and am not sure if I'll get around to visiting people....anytime soon :)

Thanks for everything!

Love,
Marc

 
At Fri Aug 18, 05:27:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

I can't wait! Woo HOO!

 
At Thu Aug 24, 09:55:00 AM PDT, Blogger buff said...

Give big beefy muscle hugs for me to Spider and CB, Cola Boy. Those guys are fantastic. You will have a super time. Let us know what you guys "did". Big hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home