Tuesday, August 08, 2006

HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? (#13) / JUST A SPOONFUL OF FRIENDSHIP TAKES THE BLUES AWAY

OK, it's been two weeks since my last HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? post. I hope you're ready for me to start'em up again.

So let's pour the coals to it and get started with this week's question. Since we are in the midst of summer vacation time, I thought I would throw this one at you...
How do you like to take your vacations ~ short but action-packed, long and leisurely, or the best of these two 'worlds?'

Hmmm! For me, the length of the vacation I enjoy is determined by the location I am going. I have to say that overall a 10 day vacation is just about right for me. My vacation needs to have a certain amount of stimuli (oh yah baby - action-packed! ;-)) but it has to have a balance of leisure thrown in there. The only type of vacation that I can handle beyond 10 days is one where I am going abroad to a foreign country...for two reasons, an opportunity to get acclimated after a long tiresome flight and generally because of the abundance of history in a location.

So as always, fess up. Lay out those details for us to read.


PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SORTED LIVES, OFFICIALLY.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUST A SPOONFUL OF FRIENDSHIP TAKES THE BLUES AWAY

Yesterday started off blahsay given the reminence of the family vacation circumstance but it fast away with my BART ride into the city to visit with one good friend and to establish another. As I had blogged about earlier, I met up with Rob from Roblog. As I have mentioned before, Rob blogs too and he and I met up back in December for the first time. Since then I have come to value his friendship immensely. He truly is a most genuine spirit. We visited over lunch for about an 1 1/2 hours before he had to hustle back to work. The poor guy has had a string of bad luck with injuries during workout sessions. And guess what...he injured himself yesterday morning before seeing me. Rob, I wish you a speedy recovery and some sort of definitive response as to why this has been happening with some frequency.

After my visit I decided to take up an invite from the Untraveled Travel Guy who works nearby the location Rob and I had lunch. This was my first time meeting him. UTG is another genuine, well-spoken, approachable guy and I am so glad I made the effort to meet up with him. I see yet another friendship evolving. UTG blogs but perhaps with a bit more infrequency for now due to his hectic work schedule. If you have a chance, do stop by his blog, read a bit, and say hi. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. UTG, great seeing you yesterday.

So that does it for today. Wow, two posts for one day. I am definitely back and loving it.

12 Comments:

At Tue Aug 08, 02:50:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

At this point - I just want one - I don't care how long or short - it is, it doesn't matter to me - OH - you are talking about a vacation - I thought we were back on the slap and tickle stuff again...

 
At Tue Aug 08, 05:22:00 AM PDT, Blogger Brettcajun said...

I typically like action packed four day vacations. I have never taken more than a week off for vacation. Coming at the very end of September, I am going for 7 days to St. Croix. (Saturday to Saturday) That should be fun and relaxing!

 
At Tue Aug 08, 05:47:00 AM PDT, Blogger Mark said...

I like mini vacations, 3-4 days. Enough time to see a few things and to relax. I hate vacations where you need to come back to work just to get a rest.

 
At Tue Aug 08, 06:31:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

I don't care if it long or short, but I love a slow leisurely time. Sure I want to do some things here and there, but just like my last one, long days sunning at the beach and nites out eating and drinking the nite away are what I enjoy!

 
At Tue Aug 08, 08:04:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really depends on the city I am visiting. Like Sorted said, if it is New York, which I will be visiting the weekend after labor Day, 4 days of action packed and shopping is perfect. If it is St. Petersburg, FL, then I want 4 days of total relaxation on the beach. If it is my favorite, San Fransisco, then there is not enough time to spend there...forever would be perfect!

 
At Tue Aug 08, 11:05:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh Vacations.. Well I prefer to have at least eleven days...

1 day for travel, two days to party... Five days to relax... Party for two more and then another day to get home and rest again...

but I will take what I can get!

 
At Tue Aug 08, 02:08:00 PM PDT, Blogger Greg said...

I like the best of both worlds for my vacations -- something long and leisurely but peppered with tours and excursions to keep me from becoming jelly.

 
At Tue Aug 08, 04:02:00 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

I like vacations that go from Wednesday to Tuesday...it makes for two short work weeks...you are in the vacation spot ready to go on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights (to me the best night to go out)...and if I have enough time I take the following Wednesday off to recoop and relax at home before diving into work...wish I the money and time to take another vacation...(and sorry...It does not look good for us to make it to Orlando...but you all better take lots of pictures and have lots of fun for us)

 
At Tue Aug 08, 06:28:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

I like little 3 day holidays, preferablly once a month - and two weeks off, one in winter/one in summer.

 
At Tue Aug 08, 07:30:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

I'm just so ready for a vacation period! I'm ready now!

 
At Wed Aug 09, 07:03:00 AM PDT, Blogger David said...

I usually like quick trips across the Atlantic to NYC, but this time im doing a week in San Francisco from Sept 29 and stopping off in NYC on the way back for 5 nights. Best of both worlds.

 
At Thu Aug 10, 06:56:00 PM PDT, Blogger The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

Vacations?? What vacations? I am the UN Traveled Travel Guy remember? :)
Any time away from the office is savored and cherished :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home