Monday, August 07, 2006

I'M BACK FROM VACATION ~ BATTERED BUT NOT BEATEN


So I am back from Lake Tahoe but not quite home in southern California. I made a two day stop in the Bay Area to help one of my brothers out with his house (design advice and purchases) and to visit a friend and fellow blogger, Rob, from Roblog. I am hoping we will meet up later today at 1:30pm for lunch but if not, it will be Tuesday, noonish.

As for vacation, let's just say I am glad it is over for this year. Don't get me wrong, I have always enjoyed my family time at Tahoe and expect it will not be any different next summer. But this year simply was a disaster. Let's just say the entire family needs to work on communication and not being over-sensitive in our interpretations of each others words/actions, myself included. The vacation started out great for the first two days, then went south, looked like it was springing up again, and then took a major spiral downward. And now, I am finding out through the backdoor, as of late yesterday evening, that I am somehow involved in the latest family fallout. Out of respect for my family, I will say no more about the circumstances, other than I am hurting to some extent. I may find myself discussing something with my family that I have backed off discussing for sometime now. We'll get through it though...we always do.

Had hoped to post some pictures of Tahoe but my camera flaked out on me. Trust me though, the view and the weather were incredible.

My blues got me deep into thought and as a result this poem of sorts evolved. It may seem a bit dark and raw but it expresses my mood at the moment. Don't let it alarm you in any way...I am ok. I just needed to 'externalize' a bit as a release. I am just glad I have my blogger pals out there. It's good to be back. Hugs.

ALONE

Alone in my world.
Nowhere to go.
No one to listen.

I so often run to it
To escape my fears,
To gain some sense of purpose.

But does this 'world of mine' bring real peace?
The question resounds in my head a hundred fold.
I grow weary battling it.

Will this torment ever end?
Part of me says, " No."
That it is to be my life.

What I find difficult
Is reconciling myself to that torment.
So hard, so painful.

I wish this emptiness would cease.
That the spirit within me could be free.
Free to fly high, to spread stifled wings.

Alas, the reality.
The words and feelings will never be.
My heart, my soul trapped forever...

Alone in my world.

Author: Tony


P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROQUE! If any of you read Woof of Steel and his Mighty Woofables, give a big happy birthday shout out to Roque.

10 Comments:

At Mon Aug 07, 12:39:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're back. Glad that you mostly had a good time.

Hope everything works out with your family. I'm sure it will. You seem real level-headed and the type to look at things from perspectives other than your own.

 
At Mon Aug 07, 02:56:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

This is why I am SO GLAD I am an only child!

Welcome back! You were missed!

 
At Mon Aug 07, 05:07:00 AM PDT, Blogger Mark said...

Welcome back! Missed you! I came from a family of seven and I'll just say I'm glad I don't live near any of them. They could never get their shit together to even dream of a family vacation.

 
At Mon Aug 07, 06:12:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

Welcome back, glad you had great weather and some time to reflect. Awesome poem.

Family, grrr, I am going home in a couple weeks, and the only reason is to see my new niece...I am trying to figure out a way to do it and not involve her parents...heeheehee. Oh yea, I guess there is a family reunion of sorts happening too, ugh don't...wanna...go!!!

 
At Mon Aug 07, 07:22:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

I am sorry that your vacation was a disappointment.
I liked the poem.
I hope the next outing is better - perhaps without family.

 
At Mon Aug 07, 08:54:00 AM PDT, Blogger Brettcajun said...

Tony... I feel for you. I understand what it is like to live in two different worlds. I used to feel the same way until I came out. The lonely feeling you experience as you are around all your brothers and their children. You feel like the only person that has no one. You really have friends, but your family can't ever meet them. Or what if you had a boyfriend that couldn't join you. How sad would that be? I know EXACTLY how you are feeling. I think you would be a lot happier if you finally took the chance and cameout. It would relieve all the pressure you are feeling and it would finally let your family see the real Tony. Don't go around looking like "Poor Tony... he's just shy." Let them know who the wonderful person of Tony really is. Let them know that you are really a happy gay man. They would finally understand you then.

 
At Mon Aug 07, 08:56:00 AM PDT, Blogger Brettcajun said...

And now would be a good time. You have built up a large gay support group. That is a big safety net for you. If the worst happens, then you have all of us to fall back on. And I would give you a big hug and tell you it'll be okay boo. BIG HUG

 
At Mon Aug 07, 09:08:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tony said...

Thanks guys for the welcome back.

BrettC - Thanks for the words. Perhaps its looming.

Y - don't let the bro-in-law keep you from seeing your niece. If you have pulled away from your sister due to that try to set feelings fro him aside and get her to see that. Why does a variation of this topic sound so familiar?!

 
At Mon Aug 07, 11:43:00 AM PDT, Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

Beautiful poetry......and I sure did miss ya!

 
At Mon Aug 07, 06:14:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

hey buddy! That poem hit hard, I've been there. You have been missed. I'm sorry there was disappointment in the vacation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home