Saturday, July 29, 2006

I'M SO OVER THEM...TIME FOR VACATION

They're over...and I am so over them. Yes, finals are done and well, vacation is here. Six weeks worth but thanks to the revamping of our Senior Project class, I have homework over my break. Sore subject with me so I am not going there for now. I am so ready for a mental break, some fun, and some relaxation.

As you are reading this post I will be heading on up to my mother's in the Bay Area, to finish up helping her pack some of the equipment we take with us. Then Sunday morning, I'll drive her and the 'load' up to the cabin that our family has rented near the lake. This is our annual family summer vacation. We have been doing it with our relatives since I was born 46 years ago (and it goes further back than me). The family has rented out a large cabin, or maybe that is house. I'll refer to it as the 'compound.' The compound has 6 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, living room and dining room, laundry, etc. Not like camping in the old days but I guess we all get a bit spoiled over time.

Lots of sunning at the beach, fresh mountain air, boating, and waterskiing. I have the biggest smirk right now. I am so ready! My 'duke out' with Oscar is going to have to wait until I get home from Tahoe. Hopefully I'll be refreshed by then to throw that one-two punch and blast Oscar away for another 2 months until the next set of finals next quarter. Fortunately I only have one class and an internship to do next quarter. The class though will be a doozer...trust me. I am already planning on probably doing the minimum time for internship this quarter (20 hours/week) and simply rolling the remaining time of completion beyond my December finish of school. Part II of my Senior project will be developing construction documents, all of which must be done in CAD (computer aided design) output. Need I say, I suck at CAD. Looks like I'll be focusing on getting that intern spot during the first few weeks of school rather than during break, which has me nervous.

For any of you that might be curious, I have no concept how I did on my last two classes but I'll know in about two to three weeks. Anyway, did I say I was so ready for vacation?!?! Guess I did. Well, I am.

****While I plan on taking my computer to Tahoe with me, I am not sure if I'll have Internet access which means I may not be blogging for a whole week or so. I am already having withdrawals from not doing it during finals week...hehehe! Do you think I can go another week? If I do have Internet access, I'll post a few times and maybe send some pictures your way.
Ya'll be good, ya here!

10 Comments:

At Sat Jul 29, 07:07:00 AM PDT, Blogger Mark said...

Enjoy your vacation! You deserve one after the past couple months you've had. Make sure we see lots of pictures.... of you..... in the sun...... sweaty...... barely dressed...... Did I just say that??? ;)

 
At Sat Jul 29, 07:07:00 AM PDT, Blogger mattviews said...

Have a great time. I didn't know you're heading this way, thought you're off to Florida. :)

 
At Sat Jul 29, 08:57:00 AM PDT, Blogger jimmmij said...

Have a fantastic vacation. Rest...Relax...Enjoy...

 
At Sat Jul 29, 09:35:00 AM PDT, Blogger M said...

Have a great vacation - you sound like you deserve it :-)

 
At Sat Jul 29, 01:22:00 PM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy... and before you know it you will be winging your way here!

 
At Sat Jul 29, 04:40:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

see you when you get back!

 
At Sat Jul 29, 09:20:00 PM PDT, Blogger The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

Enjoy your time off and hopefully we can connect when you're in the bay area. I'll be around. Gosh, you'd be a nice addition to the Dore Alley Fair tomorrow (grin)

 
At Sat Jul 29, 10:14:00 PM PDT, Blogger J.L. Atoz said...

A few days without a computer can be a wonderful thing. Enjoy your break

 
At Sat Jul 29, 11:29:00 PM PDT, Blogger David said...

sounds like a great trip, enjoy it

 
At Sun Jul 30, 11:24:00 AM PDT, Blogger Mark said...

Have fun, Tony! BIG HUGS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home