Sunday, July 16, 2006

BLOGGING FRIENDSHIPS


Just felt compelled today to talk about blogging friendships, having spoken to Derek, Past, Present, & Future, Pete, The Shortbus, and my Spidey! again yesterday. I have had the fortune of gaining some terrific friends through my blogging. Thank goodness for this! It could be the other way. Lately, I find myself asking why is this so? Perhaps it's because one can reasonably screen people for a period of time through reading their blog. Obviously this process allows one to get a sense of whether there is any common interests and thoughts. But in any event, I have remained lucky in this arena.

So many of my initiated phone contacts have revealed people who are genuine. Each one has felt like a person that I have known all my life - engaging, friendly, at ease, interested in getting to know me (and vice versa). I can't imagine what I would do without each of them (you) in my daily life. Still I wonder what creates this ability to communicate so easily. Is it because we bloggers possess a sentimental, emotional side, moreso than the rest of society? Is it possibly because we tend to be more introspective, constantly evaluating ourselves, constantly trying to find how we can make a difference in this world, even if it merely affects one person? It is so easy to get into this mode of questioning.

I am learning to just 'go for the ride!' And I am loving every minute of it. Hugs to all my blogger buds. You're the best.

10 Comments:

At Sun Jul 16, 06:02:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

You DO know the logo that you used is for the "Best Buddies" program started by Eunice Shriver to pair emotionally, physically and intellectually challenged children with those who do not share the same challenges in order to give them a "buddy" to experience life with...

Is there something subliminal going on here Tony?

 
At Sun Jul 16, 07:39:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

Being new to blog-land, I don't know enough of the psychology at hand, but your comment "we tend to be more introspective, constantly evaluating ourselves, constantly trying to find how we can make a difference in this world, even if it merely affects one person" sound true.
Hugs back to you too!

 
At Sun Jul 16, 09:11:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tony said...

Oh Spidey, leave it to you yo get technical with my picture choice! Yah, maybe so...I'm the average Joe and your the emotionally challenged. I'll give you a buddy alright to experience life with ;-). hehehe!

 
At Sun Jul 16, 08:49:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jack said...

Or bigger! Sorted. lol

I'm with you on that one Sorted.

 
At Sun Jul 16, 09:39:00 PM PDT, Blogger Moby said...

and they say blogging is just a fag..oh I mean, fad. *g*


It took you long enough to jump on the bandwagon didn't it?

 
At Mon Jul 17, 09:39:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

thanks buddy, your the best! On my way to the doctor, this entry made me feel great!

 
At Mon Jul 17, 06:21:00 PM PDT, Blogger Curtis said...

Smiles and all that.

 
At Wed Jul 19, 01:31:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joel said...

I have made sooo many blogger friends and it ALWAYS amazes me. I agree that you get to know people first through reading their blogs and I can honestly say I know more about some of my blogger buds than I do my own friends.

I wish we had more time to chat...I am still around though!

 
At Mon Jul 24, 08:30:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

The friendships you make are truly great and inspirational. I wish I could be a part of the blogger convention this August, but hopefully I will be a part of the next one!!!

 
At Mon Jul 24, 07:40:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

I always get a chuckle when I see my name on your site. You are too much, big hugs bud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home