Wednesday, July 19, 2006

WORD PLAY ~ FLATULENCE

FLATULENCE
Pronunciation: 'fla-ch&-l&n(t)s Function: noun
1 : the quality or state of being flatulent (gassy)
2 : flatus expelled through the anus

Today is another installment of Wednesday WORD PLAY. Short and sweet! Today's word is FLATULENCE. Try to get me in person to say that with a straight face!

Usage: Cut the bullcrap...I don't want to hear about flatulence. Just tell me you have the 'farts.'

You know...odd to say this but as we were growing up, a recurring topic that came up at the dinner table, surrounded by nine bodies, was that of farting. On occasion, it still does at get togethers. Always a good laugh. I know, WEIRD!

So again, the "play" portion...any comment you leave must use the word flatulence in it. Your response can be about anything ~ the post, me (watch it!), something about you, something happening in your life. Knock yourself out thinking of something serious, humorous, or off-beat to comment about. Just have fun with it!

****FINALS ARE NEXT WEEK FOR ME. Just to let you know in advance, I may not be posting after this Thursday for several days due to all the elements of finals week being thrown at me!! I'm hoping to at least post next Tuesday and Wednesday, 7/25 & 7/26.

9 Comments:

At Wed Jul 19, 01:16:00 AM PDT, Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

Good luck with your finals....I hope they're over quicker than a big ol wet flatulated fart! LOL

 
At Wed Jul 19, 06:09:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

As the instructor stood in class, I could not tell if he had flatulence or was just REALLY boring...

 
At Wed Jul 19, 06:32:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jack said...

We got a Flat, you Lance pick up the jack!

 
At Wed Jul 19, 07:33:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with finals and try not to fart.

 
At Wed Jul 19, 09:46:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

your blog is one of my favorites; you never fail to come up with something to make me smile.
In one of my cookbooks, for bean recipes, they spend a full introductory chapter on how to diminish flatulence.

 
At Wed Jul 19, 02:12:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

there's nothing like a little flatulence when your back is out, I must be getting better now that I can let them rip without pain.

Best of luck bubbas!

 
At Wed Jul 19, 05:19:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People of culture do not talk about "flatulence". But I got a butt load of jokes about farts and will be sending them to you shortly.

 
At Wed Jul 19, 08:43:00 PM PDT, Blogger jimmmij said...

Funny thing about exams and farts...When I was turning in my final in college I had a bad case of the "gaseous escapious". Call it nerves or all the tacobell the previous night. But when turning in the exam, I let one go at the professors desk. It didnt help that the guy was drop dead gorgeous and when his face turned beat red...all I could do was start laughing hysterically and walk out of the room. Now, when I hear the word "flatulence" a big smile comes across my face.

 
At Wed Jul 19, 10:29:00 PM PDT, Blogger brandon said...

forget blogging and study hard, young man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home