Wednesday, August 16, 2006

WORD PLAY ~ DUPLICITY


DUPLICITY
One entry found for duplicity.
Main Entry: du·plic·i·ty
Pronunciation: du-'pli-s&-tE also dyu-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
Etymology: Middle English duplicite, from Middle French, from Late Latin duplicitat-, duplicitas, from Latin duplex
1 : contradictory doubleness of thought, speech, or action; especially : the belying of one's true intentions by deceptive words or action
2 : the quality or state of being double or twofold
3 : the technically incorrect use of two or more distinct items (as claims, charges, or defenses) in a single legal action


Let's get rockin' with another Wednesday WORD PLAY ! Keepin' the post short and sweet! Today's word is DUPLICITY.

Usage: We all need to recognize love's duplicity - a feeling simply out of friendship, the other out of a connection far more deep, intense, and personal. What we hope not to experience is someone's duplicious act, creating an environment of love that is really non-existent.

So again, the "play" portion...any comment you leave must use the word duplicity in it. Your response can be about anything ~ the post, me (watch it!), something about you, something happening in your life. Knock yourself out thinking of something serious, humorous, or off-beat to comment about. Just have fun with it!

10 Comments:

At Wed Aug 16, 11:33:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

The way you show the duplicity of your love of blogging and love of life is refreshing for all your readers Tony. I sincerely mean this!

 
At Wed Aug 16, 12:16:00 PM PDT, Blogger Brettcajun said...

See... you made it too hard for us uneducated rednecks down South. How in the hell do you expect us to participate?

 
At Wed Aug 16, 12:27:00 PM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

As a man born and raised in the South, the duplicity of the terms "uneducated" and "redeneck" bothers me when describing men of the South...

 
At Wed Aug 16, 01:28:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

I am dumfounded over the duplicity of Brett's statement! A hunk and great writer who claims to be an undeducated redneck!

Signed
Duplicitly Frazzled in Baltimore; which by the way - is the northernmost Southern City.

 
At Wed Aug 16, 02:04:00 PM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

I can see the nature of Tony's duplicity, the childlike love of life and the gorgeous man that resides on the surface.

That might be stretching the definition but I couldn't resist!

 
At Wed Aug 16, 03:30:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

Definition #2 intrigues me. I didn't know duplicity meant that.

 
At Wed Aug 16, 03:31:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

Definition #2 intrigues me.
I didn't know duplicity meant that.

 
At Wed Aug 16, 06:51:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

I could tell a little duplicity and say I know what I"m writing tonight. Is a white lie a duplicity?

 
At Wed Aug 16, 08:19:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jake said...

It's funny that I just read this after posting an act of duplicity on my blog...

 
At Wed Aug 16, 09:26:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jack said...

I was duped and liced in the city!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home