Friday, August 11, 2006

MY 100TH POST ~ ONE SPECIAL PERSON TO BRIGHTEN EVERY DAY

My 100th post ~ Damn!...already and over 8000 blogsite hits in under 3 months. Well I thought the following was appropriate for this post, given what the blogging world seems to be throwing my way since becoming a part of it. So here goes.......
--------------

Life is so good when the right person or people are in it. And well, I have to admit, I have some good people in it at the moment. Even one that makes me feel fantastic all the time. It's great to have someone there to brighten your day when all else seems to be going down hill; to have someone there who you don't feel is judging you and who listens; to have someone who makes you feel like your day is not ending right if you have not at least spoken to that person once during the day. Lucky me, I seem to have that at the moment. It's an incredible moment to hold onto and savor, even if you don't know what the future holds.


You all probably know that feeling, as I know some of you are partnered or have been partnered. Nothing gives me a better feeling than when I see two people who are utterly happy, who love each other for what each is rather than what the rest of the world around them might dictate. If you haven't already picked this up about me, I try my hardest to not be judgmental about people around me. Am I perfect...HELL NO! But I do enjoy meeting people (though reserved at first), and experiencing them for who they are ~ mind, body, and heart.

So here's to the future, for what it may hold...to that special someone. I'd love to hear your thoughts...a special invite to those I know are or have been partnered at some point: Dan of Turning 40, BrettCajun, Derek of Past, Present, and Future, Ynager, Mark from Zeitzeuge, Kel from Rambling Along in Life..., 'GD' from The Voyeur Nation, of course Joshua from I Keep Smiling. And not to forget you Spider!!! Anyone else, single (includes you Pete) or otherwise, feel free to chime in with your thoughts. Make those comments as long or short as you like.

FUNNY - This picture came up when I google - imaged 'gay bear love.' Now if that doesn't say, "I'm here...come and get me!" Woof!

13 Comments:

At Fri Aug 11, 05:13:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Who know's what the future may hold - the best any of us can hope for is to have a fantastic ride as we get there... Know the feeling Tony - and it is a good one -

Congrats on 100 posts... and here to to 100 more 100's!

 
At Fri Aug 11, 07:24:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tony, the Restless Foodie said...

I've been told before from a very good friend that we all have personal baggage we just need to find someone with matching baggage!

When the planets line up and everything is right in your world you'll find your partner. I just hope you don't chip a tooth when you do.

 
At Fri Aug 11, 09:19:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

Happy Blogday!
And congratulations on hitting 100.
May there be hundreds and hundreds more.

 
At Fri Aug 11, 09:38:00 AM PDT, Blogger Brettcajun said...

I'll have 120,000 hits on my counter sometime in the next 24 hours. Keep it up kiddo... and you may be famous like me! ;) Well... you'll have to start doing Jiggy Dances to be famous like me. :) Or maybe you should try the podcast route like Scotty? Tell you what... we'll do a joint podcast together and your counter will SOAR.

Of course, I realize the point of your post has NOTHING to do with popularity. I am glad you came into my life. I look forward to the time we can see each other again. Who knows? Maybe you can meet the increasingly famous E.Shrew and Jack Shrew! ;)

 
At Fri Aug 11, 10:51:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

I like this entry. I'll comment later from home in
Georgia.

 
At Fri Aug 11, 01:01:00 PM PDT, Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

Congrads on the 100.....and enjoy the ride....I can't think of anything profound to say about couplehood or singlehood LOL....but I do like being in both worlds LOL

 
At Fri Aug 11, 01:46:00 PM PDT, Blogger Greg said...

Congratulations on the Big 100!!

 
At Fri Aug 11, 02:35:00 PM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

Congrats T!!!! Keep up the great work...and of course I know you will find him, he's just a little shy ; )

 
At Fri Aug 11, 10:28:00 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said...

Conrats on the big 100...

 
At Sat Aug 12, 08:27:00 AM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

Congratulations on 100. I bet it feels great. Keep it up and soon you will be at 1,000.

 
At Sun Aug 13, 08:03:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jake said...

Congrats on the blog hits.
I do have a comment on love, it is a special feeling when it happens, but can also be devastating when its over. When someone asks me if I'm in love now, I tell them that I'm working on my next broken heart.

 
At Sun Aug 13, 04:03:00 PM PDT, Blogger DanNation said...

CONGRATS on 100 posts - may you be here for 10,000 more. And, a great capture of being in love...

 
At Thu Aug 17, 09:15:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 100th post! WOW. All that in only 5 months. I've been going almost 2 years and I'm just barely past 250.

and a note to Brett: Let the man have his day in the sun. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home