Thursday, August 10, 2006

IS THERE AN ART TO COMMUNICATION?

Funny how something as simple as basic communication can be so complicated. It's complexity seems to be driven by so many variables ~ maturity, sensitivity, compassion, the ability to listen well, anxieties, depression, frustration, and on and on and on. They're countless it seems.

Why must it be this way? Everything seems to be taken so literal these days. Why don't we all cut people some slack. I'll be the first to say that "little ol' me" is guilty of this at times. It really does boil down to our ability to cast FEAR (and pride) aside. I think so often none of us wants to be wrong, to be made to look like an idiot, to have it implied that our point of view is insignificant. Am I off-base here? Is there an art to communication? What do you all think?



***Looks like I have issues with my Blogger Comment counter. There are replies.

5 Comments:

At Thu Aug 10, 06:31:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

I think it has to do with everyone not wanting to come across as unedumacated. That is one reason I love Bunny Lynn, she puposely talks southern, and throws a big "F- you" to grammar.

 
At Thu Aug 10, 07:19:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh there's definately an art to communicating. It's like an intricate dance.

We're such a PC society, everyone always worried about offending the other person, saying the right thing, not being taken the wrong way.

Sometimes you're just afraid to open up your mouth.

 
At Thu Aug 10, 04:05:00 PM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

I agree Tony - no one like to see uneducated - or more importantly, no one likes to be WRONG... or thought of as wrong...

Nice post Bro!

 
At Thu Aug 10, 07:23:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

oh man, I'm definately realizing this. It is an art. Wonderful written post!

 
At Thu Aug 10, 08:24:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

I see a lot of commnication bungled as each is merely waiting for the other to stop so he can keep talking - rather than listening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home