Wednesday, August 09, 2006

WORD PLAY ~ ABUNDANCE



ABUNDANCE
Pronunciation: &-'b&n-d&n(t)s
Function: noun
1 : an ample quantity : PROFUSION
2 : AFFLUENCE, WEALTH
3 : relative degree of plentifulness


Yet another Wednesday WORD PLAY has crept up. So gonna keep it short and sweet! Today's word is ABUNDANCE. While this word may connote more positive images, it can suggest elements of negativity. Maybe my 'usage' example might give you an idea.

Usage: An abundance of love within a family doesn't always suggest that life is 'peachy'. Remember families are a collection of individuals and no individual is perfect. Need I say more as to what's still on my mind?

So again, the "play" portion...any comment you leave must use the word abundance in it. Your response can be about anything ~ the post, me (watch it!), something about you, something happening in your life. Knock yourself out thinking of something serious, humorous, or off-beat to comment about. Just have fun with it!

P.S. I am heading out the door early this morning, 4:30 - 5am, heading back home to southern California. I'll be utilizing my travel time through the Central Valley (Dullsville, USA, as I have blogged about in the past) and the early, quiet moments of the day to contemplate the days ahead.

6 Comments:

At Wed Aug 09, 04:21:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

I SO agree with Sorted... Not only is there an over abudance of work, but luckly I am blessed with a greater abundance of wonderful friends to make it seem not QUITE so bad...

 
At Wed Aug 09, 04:53:00 AM PDT, Blogger Tony said...

Well Sorted and Spider...I truly feel for your guys in your over-abundance of work. I know the feeling from two weeks ago...hell the whole past school quarter.

I am also missing an 'abundance' of those little 'thingies' called text messages as of late from a certain someone. TOY.
;-)

 
At Wed Aug 09, 06:31:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

I hope you upcoming vacation is filled with an abundance of happiness, sunshine and fun in the sunshine state.

 
At Wed Aug 09, 07:57:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

You are a source of abundance of joy and interest to the blog world.
That isn't very funny i suppose, but I think it is true.

 
At Wed Aug 09, 12:37:00 PM PDT, Blogger The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

I'm feeling an abundance of time to catch my breath today after two very busy days at work. I suspect you'll not be able to shake the abundant thoughts you are having now as you contemplate your future whilst driving through Nothingville CA. I know once I started to come out, there was no stopping the momentum, even though the process was abundantly uncomfortable.

 
At Wed Aug 09, 08:19:00 PM PDT, Blogger John said...

I thought abundance was kinda like acakewalk? No?...Anyone...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home