Monday, August 14, 2006

A SPECIAL THOUGHT FOR A FELLOW BLOGGER AND FRIEND


My closest friends, blogger and personal, know that I am sometimes a hopeless romantic (so shoot me) and that a compassionate heart lies behind this body. Josh’s post, I KEEP SMILING, over at Gay Men Rule, this past Saturday (8/12), struck a cord with me. Don’t ask me why, it just did! I was inspired to write another of poem of thoughts. So this post is for Josh – hope it at least mirrors a fraction of his relationship, thoughts, and feelings.

THIS PRECIOUS GIFT

Today I felt such emptiness.
But something told me it had to be done.
Time to look ahead at life.
You’d have wanted me to.

How do I start?
Who do I seek?
Will he compare
Dare I think!

We gave each other so many years.
Years of sharing,
Years of growth,
Years of unforgettable happiness.

And yes, there were moments.
Moments of tears,
Moments of anger,
Moments of pain.

But one thing always made it worthwhile.
The incredible love we had for each other.
A love that will always remain, my dear,
Locked away in the depths of my heart.

While that empty feeling came today.
It left just as fast.
Fond memories now give me strength.
Strength to forge ahead with life.

So one last time,
I breathe deeply,
Smile tenderly,
And shift my precious ring.

From left to right hand it goes.
An awkward moment.
Lo, the thought crosses my mind...
“I know—it’s time to move forward.”

So my dear,
Help this wounded spirit soar,
Higher than before.
‘Til one day I can return…

This Precious Gift.

Author: Tony

7 Comments:

At Mon Aug 14, 04:52:00 AM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

As I said on GMR, "OMG, that's beautiful!
Thank you.
I can't begin to explain how much this means to me.
And now everything I say from this point makes me feel like I'm accepting an Academy Award LOL. Because I know a million eyes are going to be peering at what I'm saying LOL.
But seriously, you are a great writer and it does resonate with the kind of weekend I've had.
It's not easy for a 50+ year-old man to open up to this strange world - we call the internet.
Thanks, everyone - seriously Thanks, Tony."

 
At Mon Aug 14, 06:22:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Very nicely done Tony...

Very nice...

 
At Mon Aug 14, 10:48:00 AM PDT, Blogger Curtis said...

Aw, that was so nice.

 
At Mon Aug 14, 02:28:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tony, the Restless Foodie said...

Gee, that's really cool.

 
At Mon Aug 14, 07:57:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

I admire a poet; I wish I had some talent like yours.
Please post some more poems in the future.

 
At Mon Aug 14, 11:27:00 PM PDT, Blogger ~Joy~ said...

Wow! That was awesome!

~Joy~

 
At Tue Aug 15, 06:01:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

Wow that took my breath away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home