Thursday, August 17, 2006

20 THINGS

I happen to be reading Josh's meme post yesterday and thought, "I have never done something like this before." So I have decided to partake in it. At some point I am thinking of putting a single question and answer post out there so my readers can ask a few questions about me. But for now this will have to do. Here goes! (I have kept a few things vague for a reason/my family so bear with me.)


1. I grew up in a city just south of San Francisco, by about 7-8 miles.
2. I have 2 Brothers and 4 sisters and I am extremely fortunate to still have close relationships with each one of them. Yes we do fight but the bond has never broken.
3. I live in southern California in Orange County (that bastion of Republicanism) while I am finishing up school. I am about a 50 minute drive from LA and 50 minutes from San Diego, when traffic is normal. LOL!!!
4. 2 of my sisters live within 3 miles of me, the ones with all the kids so I have lots of fun visits with the nieces and nephews.
5. The rest of my immediate family are in Northern California—the SF Bay and Sacramento areas.
6. I am the oldest in the family. The youngest is 11 years behind me. 6 of us have spans of about 16-18 months separating the next sibling in line.
7. Perhaps shocking to some people, I still am active in my faith (Catholic)…for me it gives me a sense of peace, but it presently is a struggle finding balance for reasons I am sure you all know.
8. I have never really been politically-minded…I vote my heart and on what key elements are important to me. I am sorry...it's who I am and in what I believe.
9. I have voted Republican, Democratic, and Independent at times!
10. I finally came to grips with my gay self about 18 months ago though I am still on my journey to coming out to my family. I have a strong feeling they know but timing for me needs to be right. I’m close though. Part of that holding off is for me and part is because I care about my family. My true gay friends understand that!
11. I worked almost 18 years in the claims insurance field, 11 of those in claims management. Ask me anything about a personal injury claim’s value!!
12. At 43 I technically retired…I took an early retirement based on my combination of years of service within the company and my age. I needed to move on for purpose of life fulfillment and yes, general sanity.
13. I actually have a retirement pension but I am not collecting it…the longer its sits the more I will get per month when I do activate it. Trust me, it’s not THE POT OF GOLD!
14. I am in school, full time, not working, retooling myself to be an interior designer ~ just one quarter left and a side Internet Art History class to take. I will have Bachelors degree #2.
15. I am a perfectionist, which I try so hard to back off of. Guess old habits are a challenge to break.
16. I have never been with a woman (yes Josh, this is what we have in common…thank you for making me feel secure with myself on that one bud!)
17. I have never, ever touched a drug, not even pot, I drink only socially, and have smoked once in my life (a cigarette that is) - I was whiter than a ghost. Now, put me in a room of smoke and within 10-15 minutes, guaranteed, I will have an instant migraine.
18. I have had a few one night stands and oddly enough, all at this point are friends now.
19. My mother is still alive at 76 but my father, who I miss more than I ever, passed away at 71 in 2002, from two years of battling two types of cancer. Love you DAD!
20. I want a man who can love a man for the person he is in his entirety…not solely on looks. And I know... there has to be a connection and it may not be obvious what that connection is at first…sometimes it’s a ‘gut-instinct.’
**Bonus: The first guy I slept with (can't reveal his name for privacy purposes) was a handsome 5'-10" bodybuilder/masseuse, weighing in at 255, whose chest and arms were absolutely incredible and rock hard. He was also a dynamite kisser, which I love to do anyway. The following morning when I woke up to this hunk next to me I actually had severely chapped lips...they hurt. Of course I sucked it in to get some more of those juicy kisses in the morning before leaving his place. Does that suggest how long we may have been kissing the night before. Wahoo!

12 Comments:

At Thu Aug 17, 06:26:00 AM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

heheheheh Great list. I would have never guessed on insurance as a previous career :) It's great to have your siblings all in the same state; and your parents were older - for their generation- when they had kids :) BTW, I decided I like these kinds of post. You learn a lot in one entry and it leaves people wanting to ask you a lot of questions. Fodder for future entries :)

 
At Thu Aug 17, 06:27:00 AM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

One last thing. I noticed your posts are always at 12 A.M. How did you pull that off?

 
At Thu Aug 17, 06:33:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

Thanks for sharing, it's great to more pieces to the puzzle.

 
At Thu Aug 17, 06:43:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Very interesting... I knew all but one and I had always wondered about the one... now I know - now YOU can wonder about the one I was wondering about...

6 days my friend - 6 days...

 
At Thu Aug 17, 10:42:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

Awesome list. I learn more and more each time HOT LIPS!

 
At Thu Aug 17, 02:43:00 PM PDT, Blogger Curtis said...

Very nice. Great picture too!

 
At Thu Aug 17, 04:48:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

Interesting how you can find out so much about someone from reading their blogs....

 
At Thu Aug 17, 05:31:00 PM PDT, Blogger Paul said...

Tony -
It seems like I been reading your posts and comments for months. But this one post gives the backstory that puts it all in perspective.

Hey, have a great time on your upcoming trip.

 
At Thu Aug 17, 06:49:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jake said...

Tony, I like you more and more each time I come to your blog. Thanks for sharing your life with us.

 
At Thu Aug 17, 07:42:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

I had the same reaction as Paul; your blog was very nice to get to know you;
we have somethings in commmon; I too am the oldest, a practicing catholic and haven't done drugs.
BTW - that photo was marvelous. You are a hot catch

 
At Thu Aug 17, 09:08:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...that was pretty enlightening...I was surprised it's on been a year and a half that you have "come to grips." You seem to have such a handle on it.

 
At Fri Aug 18, 08:38:00 AM PDT, Blogger David said...

Very interesting, how great to have retired at 43!!
I also love the pic, hope you get lots of kisses on your trip !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home