Saturday, August 26, 2006

FRIENDS AT FRIEND'S


Well...this is my first post since arriving in Orlando, Florida. I am having incredible fun. I arrived here Wednesday about fifteen minutes late but had a great flight. As I walked into the main airport terminal I was greeted by a tremendous smile from Spider. What a great feeling. A new friend! He truly has been the most gracious host, welcoming me, and now Pete (yes, he arrived yesterday in tact!) into his quaint little COTTAGE. I love it. I've had to restrain myself from providing oodles of design advise! No, no. It truly is Spider's place and I love it. It's just the designer in me always wanting to improve something.

Thursday it was off to the beach for some fun in NATURE. Needless to say that was taken away thanks to arriving at the State beach and finding out that the beach had been closed due to the upcoming Shuttle launch this Sunday. But we quickly came up with another plan of attack...Islands of Adventure for an afternoon of rollercoaster riding. GREAT CALL! I hadn't ridden a rollercoaster in over fifteen years. And I love'em! This big man turned into one big kid. Spider had to tell me to slow down a couple of times. Hehehe! Spider and I finished out the day with a nice quiet dinner at Market City Cafe right on Lake Eola. And dessert? Let's just say it was 'yummy.'

Yesterday (Friday) Spider and I had lunch with Cola Boy of Mountain Cabin. CB is a riot. He had me laughing constantly. Let's say I learned a little more about Spider. *EG* CB manages to keep this straight, serious face while ripping out the one-liners. I love him. After that, Spider and I had to make a quick run over to good ol' BEST BUY Electronics. This bud here needed to pick up another digital camera as the one I borrowed went on the fritz. Hence the reason you have not seen any posted photos of the trip thus far. I promise that there will be some from this point forward.

The big event yesterday was the gathering at Friend's, one of Orlando's gay-owned restaurants catering to the local gay community. It was Prime Rib night. That was ticket for the night! In any event, I met Hypoxic face-to-face for the first time after talking to him several times on the phone prior to coming out here. A great person. He is a another keeper for a friend. And Hypoxic...."PANDAS!!!" LOL. Sorted was there too. Sorted is Mr. Social. He provided a large chunk of our entertainment and socializing last night by knowing half the of Orlando's gay population. Let's just say that I had an inside joke going with him last night with my imaginary tally board. I lost count after 69! Lordy, did I say 69. Sorted is another keeper. The group was rounded out with Spider and Pete (the ShortBus). They were keepers a long time ago.

The night finished at Savoy's, one of the local gay bars. Lots of eye-candy! Hypoxic and Pete were quite content in their strategically-located, outdoor patio seats. They had a clear view of the hunky waiters and bartenders coming and going out of the bar's break/dressing room. Let's just say I saw a number of raised eyebrows and smirks going on between those two. Again I lost count.

And so that leaves today, Saturday. Yes Spider, this post is coming to a close! Patience bud, patience! Derek is joining up with us at around 11am today. Then it's off to go airboating, possibly catch a free local concert headlining Kansas, and then dinner and whatever later tonight. Hugs! More to come....

9 Comments:

At Sat Aug 26, 08:11:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

We had a great time last night. I am sure if you lived here, you would be part of that social circle!!

Having a great time this weekend

 
At Sat Aug 26, 08:11:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

BTW-- Stupid Sorted actually wrote this IDIOT!! GOD!!

 
At Sat Aug 26, 12:54:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jack said...

Really sounds like you guys are having fun!?

Damn it to hell!?

I wish I was there!?

J

 
At Sat Aug 26, 09:16:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

I am glad it is going as well as you hoped it would!
Photos?

 
At Sun Aug 27, 04:51:00 AM PDT, Blogger Paul said...

It sounds to me like some middle-aged men are having TOO much fun! Tony, how will you top Florida when you land in NY?

 
At Sun Aug 27, 05:53:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

I'm glad you are having a great time!!! :)

 
At Sun Aug 27, 08:45:00 PM PDT, Blogger DanNation said...

Thanks for the voice mail - it will be on the next podcast! It looks like you all had a blast and wish I could partake...

Come to San Francisco soon!

 
At Mon Aug 28, 03:38:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After a bumpy flight in I have had a smooth ride with these folks. We have shared a lot of laughs and great times.

 
At Mon Aug 28, 06:05:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joel said...

I am so jealous. I want to meet these peeps too! BTW I DO read you quite often however I don't comment too much. The kids are all gone tonight so I thought I would pop in on everyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home