Monday, September 11, 2006

"WHAT WOULD YOU DO?" MONDAY (#1)

First and foremost today...take a moment to remember those who lost there lives back on 9/11/2001 and for those military personnel who have given their lives in defense of the values we hold true to America as a result of this incident.



As for today's post.............
School is just about to begin for me as of this Tuesday in some shape or form. I may be dropping one class. Yes, it's those damn Senior Project floor plans that I have been trying to transfer over to AutoCAD. Lets just say this past weekend was one problem after the other, enough to essentially put me behind for good with this project. I'll be speaking with my counselor who happens to be one of the class' instructors to determine what the ramifications are, if there are any, for withdrawing from the class and delaying it for a quarter.

So enough said there. Back to my point...with school starting, I have found that time is limited for heavy thought on posts. Plus I like to read some of the comments my readers leave. With that in mind, I have dubbed future Mondays to be
"WHAT WOULD YOU DO?" MONDAY.

To kick things off today, here is the question.
What would you do if you won the LOTTO today, netting a mere $1.5 million?

While $1.5 million is not chump change, it is not the biggest lotto pot ever to be given. I'd see myself buying a house outright and seeking the assistance of a financial advisor to maximize the returns on the remaining money for trips and retirement down the line. Yes, I'd likely be working for a spell but at least I'd know the money was there to enjoy myself and that I could afford to retire out early.

We're all waiting to hear what you have to say!

15 Comments:

At Mon Sep 11, 06:01:00 AM PDT, Blogger Brettcajun said...

Uhhh... I would buy a house. Furnish it lavishly. Then I would take off a year to take creative writing courses and finish my novel. Oh, and I would go visit all my blogger buddies and play "Sugar Daddy" to each and everyone of them. (but they would have to put out) ;)

 
At Mon Sep 11, 06:21:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

I would pay off my bills, buy a condo on Dupont Circle in DC, travel a bit and invest the rest - kinda boring huh...

 
At Mon Sep 11, 09:04:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

pay off some bills, take a leave of abscence, and travel a little...then buy a house and invest the rest....OOOOOPS...I just did a total replay of Spidey's post...oh well, great minds think alike.

 
At Mon Sep 11, 10:52:00 AM PDT, Blogger David said...

I would buy a little apartment in New York and spend half the year there and half here.

 
At Mon Sep 11, 01:00:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'd Sponsor a rider or two on the AIDS/LIFECYCLE.... and then I'd buy a house in Santa Rosa and one in Tucson... and if I had any change left over... San Diego

 
At Mon Sep 11, 01:08:00 PM PDT, Blogger Mark said...

I'd get a place in New York, and one in San Francisco. Invest or bank the rest and live off the interest.

 
At Mon Sep 11, 03:11:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so boring...I would just pay off the house I already live in, keep working (with a slightly different attitude about it at least), and make sure my mom is taken care of. 1.5 will only go so far, so I would want to work with my financial advisor day one to make sure I am making the best decisions. That is the practical Dean...

Now the other beast that lives in my body would take every bit of the money and party like an animal. Travel to New York weekly, and to San Fran on weekends. My two favorite cities in the world. I would purchase art everywhere, have a huge wardrobe, and make sure my mom was taken care of. Hmmm, I am afraid I am out of money, can I win more next Monday?

 
At Mon Sep 11, 04:22:00 PM PDT, Blogger jimmmij said...

OK..the obvious Car & House purchase. But I have always wanted to win a lot of money and goto Discount stores (ie. walmart, k-mart, target) and leave 5 dollar bills in random pairs of pants to suprise the people who buy them and take them home. Is that Dumb?!?

 
At Mon Sep 11, 05:29:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

I would hopefully do all those things that I only dreamed of. Travel! Then just live the good life. This is a hard one, I have to think longer.

 
At Mon Sep 11, 07:38:00 PM PDT, Blogger Jake said...

A Mercedes convertible and a Lincoln Navigator for my parents would be the first option. A condo in Florida, and a Victorian flat in San Francisco next. Party until I puked, donate a large sum of money to the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence in San Francisco. Laugh when my ex's call who are suddenly are in love with me again...

 
At Mon Sep 11, 08:03:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

I would do along the lines of Spider but not a place in Dupont! Sorry Spider I know you're goo goo over D.C. - but my ass would be in the hills of San Francisco or Seattle :) Good luck with school!

 
At Mon Sep 11, 08:33:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

I would give the money to my partner, so that he could retire early from his job.

 
At Mon Sep 11, 09:12:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

I would pay off my house and my mom's house. Look into buying a nice piece of propery in the moutains on a lake and build my retirement home. Put the rest away and wait for retirement.

 
At Tue Sep 12, 04:06:00 AM PDT, Blogger Blobby said...

It would be some home renovations and travel. But $1.5 is a nice cushion, but not enough to quit my job or anything. I mean - that money'd have to last another 30-40 yrs (hopefully).

 
At Tue Sep 12, 12:00:00 PM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

I'd buy a Harley, and a condo in Silverlake, I'd hire a bunch of top notch musicians, record an album, get my headshots done by Annie Leibowitz and invest the remaining $2.50.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home