Wednesday, October 04, 2006

100 THINGS ABOUT... JOSH!

Well...if you know my blog routine by now, you know that today is typically my Wednesday WORD PLAY. But every now and then routines need to be broken. And I'd break a routine for a friend any day. Seems like Spider got the ball rolling on this post topic several weeks ago by coaxing several of us into sharing ourselves with the 'world.' I rather enjoyed it, so much so, that I had to do it with two people I have been dying to know more about. See I love a good mystery! One of those individuals was Josh. But I call him Smiley! That evolved after a nickname post I did in the not-to-distant past. Hmmm! I wonder if that is why his blog is called SMILEY now?

In any event, this is Josh's day - his moment to share himself with the us. I know part of him was a little bashful about doing this. I am glad he did 'cause he is a classy guy who has retained his classiness amidst a rather difficult year. And you know...he's not bad on the eyes either. I think he's just more proof that we older men are just as hot and rockin' as those young 'cubs' out there. He's a welcomed addition to the blog world and someone I am glad to say is becoming part of my 'family of choice.'

Tony's conscience: "OK Tony let's speed it up here. They want to get to Josh's List. OK, ok!"

Ah-Hmmm! So without further ado, here's Smiley! (Josh...I know what today is...he's smiling, I'm sure.)



I am 51 years old

I am 6'2"

I am a Leo

I weigh
200
pounds

I have green/brown eyes

Depending on the season,
lighting, and what color shirt I'm wearing.

I have dark brown
hair
with dabs of grey.

I refuse to dye my hair

I went to
undergrad
in NYC and medical school in California

I owned/ran a dental
practice
in Beverly Hills. While the money was great, I got tired of it. Once I
got
over the 'starstruck factor' of my patients - the pampering quickly
became
annoying

Then I started a family practice in Seattle. After
that, I
ran a gay-centered practice in Minneapolis - before
retiring.

I've never had sex with a woman (and have no
desire. Sorry ladies! LOL)

I admitted, to myself, that I was gay
- at
age 14.

I came out when I was 18.

My first sexual encounter
was
a blowjob in a parking lot, outside a bar. Who knew some warm lips
would
make me feel - less cold - on that cold January day? LOL

My
first -
all the way - encounter; was with a professor at NYU

I think I
got an
'A' that semester, LOL.

I love to cuddle and kiss.

I don't
have
a fantasy man

I've been in 2 long-term relationships

The
first
was for 7 years, and the other for 21 years.

They are the only 2
guys
I've ever dated!

Everyone else has just been a trick

I am
presently single - as the 20+ relationship abruptly ended - with him
passing
from a brain aneurysm

I like masculine men who are comfortable
with
their sexuality

I've been a homeowner in Laguna Beach, Portland,
Seattle, Minnepolis, Chicago, Atlanta, and Paris

But I'm
currently a
squatter in my deceased brother's home

I came here - a year ago
- to
take care of him

He passed away in August, and I'm planning on a
move
back to Seattle

I've owned 7 cars in my life

I am the oldest boy out of 8 kids

Unfortunately
only 5 are still alive - and it now makes me the oldest in the family.

I was very close to my younger twin brothers (both of which were
gay
- and are now dead).

My other brother is straight and lives a
strange, isolated life in the middle of nowhere (about 5 hours from the
nearest neighbor - in Alaska)

I get along with my sisters, but
wouldn't define us as close

Their lives are in the limelight -
and
they enjoy the riches which come along with their success

We were
once
a close family.

But my Mother held it all together

When
she
died - in the 1980's - my family started crumbling

I am an Uncle
of 5
nieces and 7 nephews. I am a great-uncle of 3 nieces and 9 nephews. I
am the
great-great-uncle of a niece!

As far as friends, I have many of
them

Unfortunately they're all on the west coast!

I am
Jewish

I am not an observant Jew - meaning that I don't go to
temple

I follow the secular teachings and consider myself a spiritual
person
- in an 'unorganized religious' way

From Kindergarten through high school - I went to
a
Friends School. I loved it!

I have been all over the world

My
favorite places are Capri,
Italy
(my mother's birthplace), Bangkok, Sydney, Amsterdam,
Istantbul,
Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, and Stockholm.

I've been to almost
every
American state

The only ones I haven't been to are: Hawaii,
Michigan,
and Nebraska.

I love the outdoors

I love skiing and
snowboarding.

I love camping; especially with a special guy by my
side

My favorite sex is in a tent or somewhere remote - while
camping

I love hiking and bicycling

I am neat and organized
-
but lean on the pack-rat side

I would probably be considered a
'sloppy' dresser by the average gay man

Give me a T-shirt and
jeans -
and I'd be happy!

It takes me a long time to make decisions

I've always been like this - and it's probably the biggest thing
which got on my lover's nerves!

I love to swim and surf

I
was a
lifeguard in Laguna Beach back in the 70's

I used to have long,
sun-bleached - blonde hair; back in the day, LOL.

I'm a huge fan
of
professional football

There is no better team than the Ravens (end of story, LOL)

I'm a news junkie!

Cussing is a normal part of my
vernacular -
so you better get used to it!

I love all kinds of music

Although I'm not a big fan of country or rap.

I can't
stand
American Idol or any of the musical spin-off's one hears on the
radio

I'm not a fan of television in general

It seems to
be
nothing but junk!

My favorite bands are:

The Beatles

U2

Nirvana

The Eagles

The White Stripes

Red
Hot
Chilli Peppers

Dave Matthews Band

The Smiths

The
Rolling Stones

The Talking Heads

Simon &
Garfunkel

I
love going to live shows

I love eating out and hate
cooking!

My
all-time favorite, general food is seafood

Give me some steamed
crabs, shrimp cocktail, and a cold beer - and I'm in heaven!

My
ideal
appearance in a guy?

Dark, thick hair and green eyes -
preferably not
taller than I, LOL - and height/weight proportionate

I don't
care if
they're buff; so long as they take care of themselves

A nice
smile,
eyes, and disposition - will get me everytime

My favorite meal is
Israeli Chicken
and
rice. My mother made it the best.

My favorite dessert is
Strawberry
Pie with an almond crust. Once again, my mother made it the best,
LOL

I love buying gifts for people. I have a habit of 'taking
notes'
on things my friends and loved ones desire. They may innocently blurt
out
something they love, enjoy or want - while we're in conversation - but
I'll
remember it and buy it - when they least expect it.

My favorite
alcoholic beverage is beer

I'm boring when it comes to
alcohol

I've never met a blogger.

I would like to meet
many of
them

Particularly Tony and all the
guys in
Florida

8 Comments:

At Wed Oct 04, 03:59:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lemuel said...

Judging from his pictures, Josh is one hot woofy guy! Judging from his list, Josh is one sweetheart of a guy! I hope he finds another with whom to spend the next 21+ years! Give him a hug and a kiss!

 
At Wed Oct 04, 05:08:00 AM PDT, Blogger The Persian said...

I loved reading that, completely riveting. Josh is an amazing guy (I already knew that tho).

Thanks for putting that up

:)

 
At Wed Oct 04, 06:04:00 AM PDT, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

What a sweetie...thanks for sharing Joshua

 
At Wed Oct 04, 07:59:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Josh - what a GREAT list! DAMN - you are a real catch! Hey - you want steamed crabs and beer - come to Orlando - every Tuesday night!

Thanks for sharing Josh - and Tony - nice job!

 
At Wed Oct 04, 01:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

Thanks Tony for asking me to do this and posting this. I think I missed one of the most important answers that every queen asks, "Top or Bottom?" I prefer to do the stuffing rather than being a stuffee LOL.

 
At Wed Oct 04, 08:35:00 PM PDT, Blogger Pete said...

Thanks for sharing Josh, It's nice getting to know another blogger.

 
At Wed Oct 04, 09:12:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

we'd definately like to meet you too Josh! I really enjoyed this post

 
At Thu Oct 05, 06:03:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job, Tone-Tone.

Josh, very nice, indeed. I would need to be strapped down with an IV of Sodium Pentathol to get that level of detail out of me. Of course anything over two drinks has the same effect on me (unlocks the secret treasure chest – remind me to tell the story of the 3 strawberry margaritas sometime). Of course, some hot little bubble butted chunk touching me all over (I love to be touched and pawed on by the right people) and whispering homo-erotic little suggestions in my ear would probably pull 100 things out of me...if not a lot more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home