Tuesday, October 03, 2006

HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? (#20)

So here we are...October 3rd. You're thinking, "Yah! So is this something significant?" Well in my books, it is important 'cause it's that time...time for HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? Tuesday.

Today's question is a bit of Americana, so ponder this:
How do you like your Mac 'n' Cheese? And by gosh!, if you don't like mac 'n' cheese then I feel sorry for you.
Personally, "I'm sooooooo confused!" Why? 'Cause I like mac 'n' cheese so many different ways. My dad had a technique down for baking it, and finished it off with seasoned-sourdough French bread crumbs. I'm salivating now just thinking about it...but I must watch those carbs! Not good for the weightlifting/diet regime I have myself performing. Oh, then there is traditional, extra cheesy mac 'n' cheese. Dynamite if you can take natural sharp cheddar cheese with just a hint, and I mean hint of Velvetta mixed in to the batch (can you tell I am not a Velvetta fan). So creamy and rich! And lastly there is the mixed-cheese version of mac 'n' cheese. You know, the kind where you mix in a little Velvetta, a little sharp cheddar, some swiss cheese, and a hint of gorganzola. OK, I know what I am having for dinner tonight! The heck with the protein diet for one night.

Guess I am waiting to hear what you all have to say to this primo pasta dish!

13 Comments:

At Tue Oct 03, 03:52:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tue Oct 03, 03:52:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Has to be HOMEMADE Mac and Cheese - none of this blue box stuff... multiple cheeses - swiss, chedder, jack, american and yes, just a smidge of Velvetta... milk and butter to make it creamy... and a bread-crum crust to make it crunchy, with some drizzled butter on that to make it brown... and if there is some leftover ham around, cube that up and toss in there also...

DAMN - I just made myself hungry...

 
At Tue Oct 03, 04:15:00 AM PDT, Blogger Doug said...

I am originally from PA, so I like Mac N Cheese with stewed tomatoes. It should be homemade, and the cheesier the better. Chris likes his with ketchup. I guess that is one step away from stewed tomatoes. It must be a PA thing, he is from PA too!

 
At Tue Oct 03, 04:29:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lemuel said...

The only way is homemade: macaroni, mozarella and cheddar cheese, other secret ingredients, topped with italian bread crumbs! O man! YEA-ESS!

I'm from PA and know the stewed tomato thing, but eat them separately.

 
At Tue Oct 03, 06:54:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

hohoho
what a coincidence - please read my blog entry today!
Two types of M&C for me;
#1 is a recipe from the Splendid Table, consisting of some gourmet cheeses.
#2 is the hot/cheap/quick Kraft type, a box can be whipped up and consumed in its entireity in no time at all.

 
At Tue Oct 03, 09:44:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Basic creamy bechamel sauce made with sharp cheddar. Grated swiss and crumbled feta added to the cooked macaroni/cheddar in sprinkled layers. Topped with french bread baguette crumbs. Baked until oozing, bubbling cheesiness, golden and crunchy. Serve with tomato salad.

Cooper

 
At Tue Oct 03, 11:54:00 AM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

I agree with Spider, homemade mac and cheese is the only way to go, and multiple cheeses!

I prefer gorgonzola, sharp cheddar, jack and romano personally, I like my cheese strong for the most part.

And it has to be baked!

I think I know what I'm having at the comissary today!

 
At Tue Oct 03, 01:01:00 PM PDT, Blogger The Persian said...

my mom makes this amazing mac and cheese from scratch (she's Italian almost nothing comes from a box).

I think I was like 16 before I even had the boxed stuff, at a friend's house.

 
At Tue Oct 03, 05:10:00 PM PDT, Blogger Curtis said...

I hate to admit that I do like the box kind. I sometimes add a can of tuna. I practically lived on that in college. I know. I should never be allowed in the kitchen.

 
At Tue Oct 03, 05:17:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kraft has me hooked because they put the right amount of heroin in it to bring me back....

 
At Tue Oct 03, 05:18:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

I like mine homemade like my mama makes. I like a little bit of ham sometimes too cut up in bits and baked with it.

 
At Tue Oct 03, 05:51:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only prerequisite is it as to have a whole can of those fried onionring thingys.

BUT I'm white trash like that.

 
At Tue Oct 03, 08:24:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

I really like Stouffers out of all the packaged stuff. But homemade is the best - especially if you add brocolli or sausage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home