Friday, December 29, 2006

A NEW YEAR WISH AND FRIDAY'S "WHAT'S UP FOR THE WEEKEND"


Well the week is nearly over and we are heading into the weekend. It's hard to believe that there are only two more days left in the holiday season and in 2006. I don't think I want to see another box of See's candy, another bundle of cookies, or another gift basket for as long as I live. All that food sitting around and 'temptation' hell. I swear at some point today it's back to the cardio and weighlifting after a 2 day hiatus.

The next to last of my siblings heads for home later this morning with the last one departing on Saturday. I am just happy that we were able to get the entire family in a single location for Christmas, including the newborn nephews. The smile on my face runs from ear to ear. I spent most of last night holding my one remaining 2-month old nephew, Angelo. The two of us even dozed off together for about an hour. I know some of you may think I am off my rocker in this next comment but "I miss not being a father." I realize that children are a huge responsibility yet I think the simple joys they bring far outweigh the negatives.

With that said, Mom is here in southern California for another week, leaving next Thursday, January 4th. Today and tomorrow (Saturday), I'll be spending my entire day measuring out my Senior Project floor plans so that they are ready for keying into CAD at the start of next week. I had hoped to have someone lined up to key in the floor plans for me, allowing me an opportunity to get out to Orlando for 4-5 days. But since things are not quite set up with a 'CAD keyer' and the potential still looming that I may have to do it, the trip is still up in the air. I so wanted to be out visiting my friends Spider, Sorted, and Derek this New Year's weekend, to be ringing in the New Year with that special someone, both in the singular and plural sense of the word.

So what do you have in line for the New Year's weekend? Will you be spending it with anyone special?

As I draw this post to a conclusion, I just want to take this opportunity to wish each of you happiness and prosperity in 2007. I am so thankful for having been blessed this past year with the expansion of my circle of friends through blogging. My only hope for this new year is that I have the pleasure of meeting and or talking with more of my blogger buds directly. One last thing, have loads of fun this weekend, but if you will be out drinking this weekend, please do not get behind the wheel of a car and drive. Sending out some huge hugs!

Happy New Year!!

17 Comments:

At Fri Dec 29, 02:48:00 AM PST, Blogger David said...

Happy New Year to you as well! I am going back to work tonight and will be working all over the New Year!

 
At Fri Dec 29, 03:07:00 AM PST, Blogger Lemuel said...

Have a great New Year's holiday, Tony, and a great new year!

You know, of course, that I think you are one of the best arguments for gays being able to adopt children! If they ever hold hearings on the matter, I'm going to urge my congressman to subpoena you. Your life and attitudes would make a great witness on the behalf of all gays.

 
At Fri Dec 29, 04:22:00 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

I think we are just going to hang out at home and maybe have some friends over...

 
At Fri Dec 29, 05:17:00 AM PST, Blogger cola boy said...

Awwww....I wish you could make it back to Florida so we can all do lunch again. We have no big plans NYE. Mark's heading down South on the 1st so we definately won't stay out really late. We'll probably watch the Epcot fireworks from backstage to avoid the in-park crowds.

 
At Fri Dec 29, 06:29:00 AM PST, Blogger Ur-spo said...

Happy New Year to you too dearie!
this year's NYE is 'low key'. I'll avoid Phoenix traffic/stay home. Watch the ball drop - at 10PM localtime - and go to sleep.

 
At Fri Dec 29, 06:43:00 AM PST, Blogger Paul said...

Tony -

You may not be a father, but I'm sure that you'll make a great uncle.

Have a great weekend. (I've got no plans.)

 
At Fri Dec 29, 07:04:00 AM PST, Blogger Spider said...

Wow! WHAT a year! And yes, while not a father, the best Uncle any child could ever hope for... and the best friend any man could ever ask for...

And I can just see that smile on your face - that smile of love and caring when you look at them.

As for me this weeked, I think I will be spending time with SpiderPod - yes, it already has a name...

 
At Fri Dec 29, 07:22:00 AM PST, Blogger Doug said...

We'll be staying home New Year's Eve. We might have a couple friends over, but more likely we'll spend a quiet evening together.

Have a happy New Year, Tony! *hugs*

 
At Fri Dec 29, 07:56:00 AM PST, Blogger Bigg said...

Hugs back atcha, big guy! Have a great New Year...

 
At Fri Dec 29, 03:51:00 PM PST, Blogger DEREK said...

Wish for you the best in 2007 too! Wish you were here!

 
At Fri Dec 29, 06:22:00 PM PST, Blogger A Lewis said...

Homemade lasagne, huge salad, yummy warm garlic French bread and movies with six friends. Perfect. We should schedule a huge blogger New Year's Eve to-do sometime.

 
At Fri Dec 29, 08:58:00 PM PST, Blogger Joshua said...

I'm completely ready for this year to end! I'm going to hang low - and reflect in a positive manner :) I have been elusive of your emails and phone calls. I got to be right now, bud. It isn't personal :) I did do something impulsive and created a Wordpress blog. If you go to my profile and click on webpage - it'll take you there. I hope you have an outstanding New Year's, Tony.

Cheers

 
At Sat Dec 30, 10:29:00 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

smooches from kelly and jeff and happy new year!

 
At Sat Dec 30, 05:42:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a Happy and Safe New Years!
*Hugs*

 
At Sat Dec 30, 11:46:00 PM PST, Blogger Maddog said...

Happy New Year to you as well. I hope that everything works out for you and your trip. Either way have a safe and joyous evening.

Right now I don't have solid plans. Have been invited to a party, but sitting at home watching the ball drop on TV sounds nice as well.

 
At Sun Dec 31, 10:54:00 AM PST, Blogger Timbo said...

Hey there Tony,

Just wanted to wish you a very Happy New Year-that you are able to get out to Orlando, and that 2007 is a most excellent journey for ya!

Take er ez however you celebrate the changing of the years...

 
At Sun Dec 31, 05:29:00 PM PST, Blogger Joshua said...

Happy New Year!
Enjoy your life!
Anything can Happen! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home