Friday, December 15, 2006

FRIDAY'S "WHAT'S UP FOR THE WEEKEND?"

Another Friday is upon us and only 9 more days until Christmas for those of you who partake in this celebration. Where does all the time go? Just a smidgen over two weeks and we'll be sailing into 2007!

Hey...before getting into today's post, I felt the need to clarify something in my post yesterday, entitled WE ALL HAVE SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR AROUND THE HOLIDAYS. I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts were not intended to be directed at individuals who, for whatever reason, chose not to participate in the holidays. I realize there are as many reasons to steer clear of the holidays as there are to partake. And I, for one, have on several occasions in recent years chose not to get wrapped up in it, with the exception of spending time with my family. My intent behind the post was to have each of us pause when we are feeling that urge that all is wrong in our life and carefully reflect on our current lives. So many of us don't realize what we do have, as small as those blessings may be. Then I was hoping it might be easier to see our problems sometimes are that great and that we can direct that energy toward others who do need help emotionally, spiritually, or financially.

With that hopefully dispelled, I'll move onto today's post. Here is the question I love to ask at the end of the week, "What's up for your weekend?"

Well, with my shopping done, or at least with what I intended to do, here's my agenda for the weekend...

Friday: Up early today to get my presents wrapped and out in the mail before I risk not getting them to their respective recipients before Christmas Day. Then I plan squeezing in some spaceplanning work for my Senior Project class that starts mid-January. If I am lucky I'll get in a short workout. Then I am off for an evening on the town. My employer, for which I am interning, is having it's Christmas party. It's at a dinner theater...should be interesting since I have never done anything remotely of this nature.

Saturday: More spaceplanning with intents of finishing all of it this day! I am also hoping to visit my other sister here in southern California. I have been terrible at keeping up with her and checking in lately. I know she had a rough time with a week ago with my 14 year-old autistic nephew. My brother-in-law was over in Hong Kong for a week on business. Needless to say, if you know anything about autism, the child can get fixated on some things. Lets say my nephew drove my sister nuts for several days, demanding that the Christmas decorations be put up. She finally conceded, short of my brother-in-law getting home. Oh! Did I say slip inn another workout? Have to keep this 'SEE's candy weight' off me.

Sunday: "And the Lord said 'Rest!' " Well, maybe I'll slip in a carwash and detail.

So let me know what's on your agenda for the weekend. I always enjoy hearing. Cheers!

14 Comments:

At Fri Dec 15, 04:47:00 AM PST, Blogger DEREK said...

we may do some Christmas shopping together tonight, so I can get an idea of something he may want, tomorrow get a new muffler, shop and we have Mike's mom's Chrismtas party, then on Sunday church and rest.

 
At Fri Dec 15, 05:03:00 AM PST, Blogger Lemuel said...

Doing the C'mas cards that I was supposed to do LAST weekend! :)

 
At Fri Dec 15, 05:33:00 AM PST, Blogger Spider said...

Lets see - I have kitchen counters and backsplashes at Brad's that need to be tiled, help him finish his touch-up painting and yard work, then there is fixing the ceiling in his garage - maybe dinner tonight with Sorted, hopefully brunch Sunday with the gang, Brad and Doug and Chris... this is going to be a real "play it by ear" weekend...

 
At Fri Dec 15, 06:42:00 AM PST, Blogger Ur-spo said...

After work we drive to Lost Vegas, to stay at the Luxor.
Tomorrow is a massage, see a friend, see the sights, and a birthday dinner/show of "Ka".
Sunday is Hoover Dam and the drive home.

 
At Fri Dec 15, 10:15:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wel I think of my weekend as starting on Friday even though Im working that day - why? my boss is gone, so the first thing I do is get some coffee and read me some Tony... then I get a little work done and go to the gym, but as I forgot my gym clothes I will do that tomorrow... then Xmas cuddling and shopping all weekend

 
At Fri Dec 15, 10:42:00 AM PST, Blogger Maddy said...

We have one more birthday to get through before the festive season can really commence, but my sympathy goes to your sister coping on her own with your nephew - now there's someone who could do with a hand this weekend.
Best wishes

 
At Fri Dec 15, 11:08:00 AM PST, Blogger Greg said...

Tongiht is my office Christmas party so it's up to LA for that. As for the rest of the weekend: who knows? The rain may put a damper on going out so I may end up reading, watching a DVD or two. The Boyfriend has guests from Las Vegas staying at his place so a sleepover may be out of the question.

 
At Fri Dec 15, 11:57:00 AM PST, Blogger Doug Taron said...

Tomorrow night is the annual Sagittarius Party. Tomorrow during the day we will get ready for it, Sunday we will clean up after it.

 
At Fri Dec 15, 01:00:00 PM PST, Blogger john said...

This weekend--well I'm volunteering at the local church to help sort gifts for needy families--Saturday, back to the grind of studying with a study buddy, and Sunday more of the same (studying after church).
I'm boring...

 
At Fri Dec 15, 06:14:00 PM PST, Blogger Mark said...

Going to a Christmas party tomorrow afternoon. On Sunday, singing a solo at church for both services, going to another party and then rushing to rehearsal!
Hugs!

 
At Fri Dec 15, 08:38:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the weekend? For the first time, The Rockette's are performing their traditional Radio City Music Hall Christmas show in Toronto. David and I have tickets for Saturday night. Besides that, I'll be finishing up the last minute shopping and waiting for some "creative inspiration" for the novel.

Have a good one Tony.

 
At Fri Dec 15, 09:41:00 PM PST, Blogger A Lewis said...

Friday night: Just got home from our neighbor's Irish Coffee Christmas deal....yummy. Saturday: Dinner with friends followed by the Portland Gay Men's Chorus concert which is always an amazing time. Sunday is church, two open houses in the afternoon, and dinner with six friends at The Rheinlander (crazy good German food).

 
At Sat Dec 16, 10:47:00 PM PST, Blogger Maddog said...

This weekend is dedicated to seeing friends. I had a long wonderful lunch today with M.L. We haven't seen each other in almost two months.

Tomorrow night I am having my friends S.H. and M.G. over for dinner. It's the first sit down meal I will have had in my new apartment. I am excited to say the least.

Hope your weekend was great.

 
At Sun Dec 17, 06:58:00 PM PST, Blogger Joshua said...

Absolutely nothing was done - on my end this weekend. It was good because I finally see a breakthrough with this pneumonia - and I have my voice back :) Now I feel like I just have a bad chest cold or bronchitis. Hey, it's progress :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home