Thursday, December 07, 2006

THE BRUSH'S COLORFUL DAUBS ~ MISCELLANEOUS TIDBITS #11


As I said yesterday, the week up to that point (A.M.) had been hectic. Yesterday was no different. I can't seem to find a moment to myself to get back into my blog commenting rhythm. And guys I feel bad about that so please bare with me. I am sure there are some out there thinking I may have forgotten about them...I haven't. Heck a part of me is even getting a little frustrated because I don't have time to write some more personal, thought-out posts like I used to inject into my blog. But what can I do short of losing a piece of my sanity?! So today, I'll share some weekly tidbits with you.

Art Appreciation 20 Comes To An End
This past Tuesday night was the end of my Art History class. I turned in my paper and did my 15 minute presentation on
Maya Lin and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Controversy. Let's just say I aced it! I am actually going to miss the class. I was just getting acquainted with some of the 18 and 19 year olds in the class. I was even getting use to their wise-cracks about, "Oh know, Tony's up (to do his presentation). It's all downhill here for the rest of use!" Hey, this 'DADDY BEAR' just had to show them what he's made of. I had the professor, at the end of the class, tell me that she enjoyed having me and appreciated my presence in the class. What can you say to that other than 'Thanks!' Anyhow, I am expecting an "A" in the class.

1 Down...1 And 1/2 To Do!!!
With Art History completed, I officially have my Associates in Fine Arts - Design. Now all I have left is a little under 120 of 240 hours left interning and my Senior Thesis Project part II class and school is done with for good. Finito! Caputz!! I'll have my Bachelors Degree. It won't come quick enough.

Little Sis' Rollcoaster Ride
Last week I shared with you that my sister had miscarried. I appreciate all the thoughts that everyone left. Admittedly I held back on some additional news that came two days later. Little Sis' doctor had her take some additional blood tests to confirm that the baby was dead. Well the results came back and much to my sister and brother-in-laws' shock, they were informed that the doctor may have screwed up on the calculation of the baby's due date, meaning they had here in too early for an ultrasound to effectively determine if the baby had a heartbeat, etc. See they can't determine that any sooner than 9 weeks. So up went their hopes again. From here, let me give you the condensed version. Sister goes in Saturday for more testing. Sister gets the new results this past Monday...not good! Her hormone level had not double in 48 hours as is required so baby is now officially declared dead. Sister goes in for a DNC surgical procedure yesterday, late afternoon. Brother-in-law out of town for this - I step in to get her home from the hospital. I still am not sure if she has told my little niece and nephew yet about the loss. I have such faith in doctors these days..yeh right!

1 Day And Counting Until Body Bliss!
Tomorrow afternoon I'll be lying down enjoying a much needed JOE's erotic massage. I am feeling blissful just thinking about it. But really, I am looking forward to meeting two incredible friends, having dinner, and getting caught up. They're absolute sweethearts.

Testosterone
I don't know what it is but my testosterone is raging. Can someone please tell me why?!?! ;-)


8 Comments:

At Thu Dec 07, 04:03:00 AM PST, Blogger Lemuel said...

First, my heart goes out to your sister, her family, and you. It is traumatic enough without making an emotional roller coaster out of it. I hope all goes well with the procedure for her. My prayers are with you all, Tony.

On a bit lighter note, as an instructor (and as a second career student myself many years ago) I experienced the same thing. Older students are sometimes intimidated by the younger minds around them. But my experience (and yours) is that the reverse is usually true. It is the older, **motivated** students who do rings around the young 'uns. Congrats as you head for the light in the tunnel!

...and as for your raging hormones,... Oh forget it! You're on the other side of the coast! [he sighs in frustration] :)

 
At Thu Dec 07, 04:39:00 AM PST, Blogger DEREK said...

Sorry about your sis, keeping all of you in my thoughts.

For those raging hormones, well I think mine would be too, your going to be putty in his hands. Does he use anything else besides his hands? :)

 
At Thu Dec 07, 04:44:00 AM PST, Blogger Spider said...

Raging testosterone... it is because it has been 3 months since you were in Orlando... "Daddy Bear"...

 
At Thu Dec 07, 06:50:00 AM PST, Blogger Ur-spo said...

thank you for your updates.
When weren't your hormones raging?
hohoho
I'll send you some more 'therapy' to sublimate those hormones if you don't have more direct channels!

 
At Thu Dec 07, 07:44:00 AM PST, Blogger cola boy said...

Could your testosterone be raging because you are about to get an erotic massage from Joe? From looking at his site, mine sure would! Take care.

 
At Thu Dec 07, 08:17:00 AM PST, Blogger Doug said...

I'm so sorry about what's happening with your sister. All the best to her and everyone around her.

Congrats on the end of classes!

As for your testosterone, didn't you just start working out again? That usually does it for me.

 
At Thu Dec 07, 08:47:00 AM PST, Blogger john said...

I'll tell you why your testosterone is raging if you can explain why mine is too!!

My heart goes out to your sister and her family. I'll keep them in my prayers.

We're baring with you, this is the reason we come back to check on your blog. And I understand being too busy to comment.

 
At Thu Dec 07, 02:30:00 PM PST, Blogger A Lewis said...

Tony, Tony, Tony......oh my gosh. Sounds like a terribly bad dream. Wish we could all have a big grop (oops, GROUP) hug with you. Many thoughts and prayers and good wishes for peace in the storm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home