Friday, November 24, 2006

GET STUFFED, STUFF, GOT STUFFED

Why do I feel like such a glutton after Thanksgiving? Seriously, the last couple of years I have cut back on what I eat on T-Day. I even beg the family members not to bring certain items to the family feast. But nooooooooooo! No one ever listens. And we all pay for it. So now I am stuffed or rather "I GOT STUFFED." Please someone take a barbecue fork and pop me. I need to relieve some of this pressure rolling around in my stomach. I so could use a workout today but being out of town, visiting family, I have no access to gym equipment - though I might just go out for a long fast walk or a jog.

I have to admit, I had an enjoyable Thanksgiving, my first at home in four years. We went up to my sister's in Sacramento to celebrate it. She is still recoop'ing from her shoulder injury sustained after my nephew's birth. So she thought it would be easier to have it at her place, with each of us bringing something, and my brother-in-law to do the turkey roasting. Everything was tasty as usual! And as for new nephew #2, Sean, he is as cute as Angelo. My sister sent me a picture of the two of them together and it's scary...they literally look like twins. I could not tell them apart in the picture until studying it good for about 5 minutes. I'll have to post it when I get it. Its not the best quality picture but you'll get the gist when you see it.

As for the balance of my Friday, it looks like I'll attempt to work on my Art History final paper and its annotated bibliography. But I will be getting together with my friend, Tom, from The Untraveled Travel Guy in San Francisco. I am looking forward to the visit. He's a great guy and a perfect catch for someone. I had hoped to meet up with Rob but he and his handsome hunk, Fuad, are gone for the holiday weekend. He deserves the time away.

So, after stuffing yourself to the max, assuming that was the case, what are you doing this holiday weekend?

15 Comments:

At Fri Nov 24, 12:32:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fasted for two weeks minus last friday to prepare for today. Ate everything I wanted but being my stomach had shrunk, I arrived at that "uncomfortable" feeling much earlier than before.

Tomorrow is back to fasting. Doing this as a vehicle of transformation: both physical and spiritual/mental. Best way to clear out the soul of unwanted clutter.

 
At Fri Nov 24, 12:38:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I did not answer your question. Am going thru the mountains of stuff left behind by my mother and father who both passed away this year. Doing the kitchen right now, item by item. Cleaning it and then deciding to either keep it, or donate at St. Vincent de Paul.

Will do that all weekend, and post the next "Saturday Night Soup for the Soul" blog on GMR. Lost of writing on the next installment. More overtly spiritual than I usually allow myself to be. May get the next painting blog completed also if I have the energy.

 
At Fri Nov 24, 06:05:00 AM PST, Blogger A Lewis said...

You know, I really didn't eat that much...only one plate, medium helpings of each thing.....small piece of pumpking and apple pies (with the obligatory ice cream). No seconds, no leftover to bring home, I feel good. I just cannot do the overeating thing anymore. Makes me feel terrible! Thinking about you today with your family and all....very glad you can be there to enjoy.

 
At Fri Nov 24, 06:22:00 AM PST, Blogger Doug said...

Hehe, getting stuffed seems par for the course on T-day.

We have a few house projects we want to catch up on. And if the weather's nice, I hope we can go boating.

Have a wonderful weekend!

*hugs*

 
At Fri Nov 24, 08:07:00 AM PST, Blogger Spider said...

As you heard, Sorted and I are going to the car show at the Convention Center - then dinner downtown with Wayne and John and friends of theirs that are in town...

Oh yea - going to paint the bathroom and the cabnets over the sink tomorrow... I am thinking a PALE uellow for the bathroom - what ya think?

 
At Fri Nov 24, 08:07:00 AM PST, Blogger Spider said...

That's yellow...

 
At Fri Nov 24, 10:40:00 AM PST, Blogger Unknown said...

yup...stuffed myself here too... this weekend we are still working on the house... contractors here still finishing up things... par for the course I guess... so we are boozing it up again and watching the cute bois... will try and snap pictures... have a great weekend

 
At Fri Nov 24, 11:31:00 AM PST, Blogger The Persian said...

I ate too much yesterday as well, it's too difficult to resist certain things you don't have regularly. It was great you were able to spend time with your family, sorry to hear about your sister's shoulder injury.

I'll be spending my weekend (as usual) with my sons, who knows what's in store we kind of just decide democratically.

Have a great weekend!

:)

 
At Fri Nov 24, 07:28:00 PM PST, Blogger Ur-spo said...

a colleague is coming to town, and we are going to Tucson for the weekend.
We may discuss a job offer - in Seattle!

 
At Fri Nov 24, 07:39:00 PM PST, Blogger Joel said...

YEa, I think I put on about 4 lbs over the past day. I am glad it has come and gone. We literally went to 3 dinners and EACH one had Turkey with all the trimmings. UGH!

As for the rest of the weekend...yea...trying to veg and do nothing, though today I worked in the yard rakign and blowing leaves since it was 72 degrees...UNHEARD OF in Indiana this time of year.

 
At Sat Nov 25, 10:15:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony Darlin', you feel like "a glutton" cause y'all ate too much. I'm suprised I have to learn you these things...

Huggs, etc... Bunny Lynn

 
At Sat Nov 25, 01:12:00 PM PST, Blogger Joshua said...

I'm enjoying the 70 degree weather. And Urspo if you end up in Seattle - we'll be neighbors as I'm moving back there :)

 
At Sat Nov 25, 04:08:00 PM PST, Blogger Lemuel said...

I'm back home, catching up on my favorite blogs (notice who one of them is ;) ) - and recovering from own gluttony. On the latter, I was not as good as I should have been, but not as bad as I usually am. ;)

 
At Sat Nov 25, 05:37:00 PM PST, Blogger Doug said...

Well you need at least one day to enjoy a lot of good food (unlike me, who likes it every day...) I am not doing anything much this weekend. I am leaving for a cruise on Friday next so I have to get the packing together and start preparing for that... so that is all I am doing!

 
At Sat Nov 25, 09:21:00 PM PST, Blogger Joshua said...

I hope you got all your homework done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home