Wednesday, November 15, 2006

WORD PLAY ~ EXASPERATE

EXASPERATE

Main Entry: ex·as·per·ate
Pronunciation: ig-'zas-p&-"rAt
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -at·ed; -at·ing
Etymology: Latin exasperatus, past participle of exasperare, from ex- + asper rough -- more at ASPERITY
1 a : to excite the anger of : ENRAGE b : to cause irritation or annoyance to
2 obsolete : to make more grievous : AGGRAVATE
synonym see IRRITATE
- ex·as·per·at·ed·ly adverb
- ex·as·per·at·ing·ly /-"rA-ti[ng]-lE/ adverb



HUMP DAY! We're rollin' into another Wednesday WORD PLAY. The word is: exasperate!

Usage: I am exasperated over the thoindividualssome indivduals can not step up to the plate and take ownership of their lives as an adult. Instead they find the means to make tresponsibilitiessponsibilitites those of others. Heck I am exasperated that I had to even mention this issue.

Again, the "play" portion...any comment you leave must use the word exasperate in it. Your response can be about anything ~ the post, me (watch it!), something about you, something happening in your life. Knock yourself out thinking of something serious, humorous, or off-beat to comment about. As always, just have fun with it!

13 Comments:

At Wed Nov 15, 12:10:00 AM PST, Blogger Maddog said...

I am exasperated by the amount to unpacking I still have to do after moving a month ago. The boxes just keep coming and coming. Have a great hump day.

 
At Wed Nov 15, 04:26:00 AM PST, Blogger Jake said...

I am exasperated by a lot of things currently in my life.
1. Can't tan
2. Can't smoke
3. Can't have anymore Ativan
4. Summer is over
5. I have to train new people who are dumb and just don't get it but yet I have to waste my time on them. I get so exasperated by this.

 
At Wed Nov 15, 05:28:00 AM PST, Blogger Spider said...

I am totally exasperated with my inability to relax on my days off - I need to take a class to learn how to do nothing.

BTW - did your example come from a phone conversation from last night?

 
At Wed Nov 15, 05:29:00 AM PST, Blogger cola boy said...

I get exasperated when the pool boy shows up in shorts and a t-shirt, not the floral-print thong we have instructed him to wear.

 
At Wed Nov 15, 06:09:00 AM PST, Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

I am completely exasperated with the number of uninformed voters there are in the USA. It is completely apalling.

 
At Wed Nov 15, 07:05:00 AM PST, Blogger Lemuel said...

I am exasperated trying to come up with good sentences for your word play. :)

 
At Wed Nov 15, 10:27:00 AM PST, Blogger rodger said...

It exasperates me to no end that I have so little time to blog today.

 
At Wed Nov 15, 12:16:00 PM PST, Blogger Ur-spo said...

Common question in medicine;
"what exasperates your pain?"
However, one young lad said he exasperates at least once a day but it wasn't painful.

 
At Wed Nov 15, 12:55:00 PM PST, Blogger Greg said...

All these reality shows with has-been "celebrities" exasperate me to no end!

 
At Wed Nov 15, 02:32:00 PM PST, Blogger Joshua said...

lol @ urspo.
I'm exasperated with this week.
Is it over yet???? :)

 
At Wed Nov 15, 03:39:00 PM PST, Blogger DEREK said...

I have a feeling when Mike walks through the door he will be completely exasperated by his day at work.

 
At Wed Nov 15, 11:16:00 PM PST, Blogger Anthony said...

My job lately exasperates me completely because it keeps me out of blog world.

 
At Thu Nov 16, 07:30:00 AM PST, Blogger Doug said...

I am totally exasperated by work, by the stupid, inept, cruel people who do nothing but back-stab and ladder-climb in their greedy, self-centered attempt to make a little more money and justify their lives by material gains.

I am exasperated by my own lack of focus on the things I enjoy. Instead, I wallow in lazy self-pity and endless, wasteful procrastination.

Sorry, bad mood today. Exasperated fit right in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home