Wednesday, November 08, 2006

WORD PLAY ~ PLETHORA

PLETHORA

Main Entry: pleth·o·ra
Pronunciation: 'ple-th&-r&
Function: noun
Etymology: Medieval Latin, from Greek plEthOra, literally, fullness, from plEthein to be full -- more at FULL
1 : a bodily condition characterized by an excess of blood and marked by turgescence and a florid complexion
2 : EXCESS, SUPERFLUITY; also : PROFUSION, ABUNDANCE
- ple·tho·ric /pl&-'thor-ik, ple-, -'th¤r-; 'ple-th&-rik/ adjective



So here we go rollin' into another Wednesday WORD PLAY. I just thought that since we guys are blessed with an 'abundance' of thangs, yes that's thangs, that this was the perfect word for today. The word is: plethora!

Usage: I have to say I am blessed to have the plethora of men in my life....oh baby, life is so good these days. Add the plethora of family that I have and all I can say is I am 'SOARING!! Stay tuned for tomorrow's post that will show a portion of that family plethora. Now could I have used plethora one more time...oops, I just did!

Again, the "play" portion...any comment you leave must use the word plethora in it. Your response can be about anything ~ the post, me (watch it!), something about you, something happening in your life. Knock yourself out thinking of something serious, humorous, or off-beat to comment about. Just have fun with it!

15 Comments:

At Wed Nov 08, 02:27:00 AM PST, Blogger Joshua said...

I have a plethora of things to do today; and will be tied up until at least 8 this evening. But I'll try to give you a ring after 6 your time.

 
At Wed Nov 08, 03:07:00 AM PST, Blogger Lemuel said...

All I could think of was the movie (Three Amigos?) in which the one character who has a lisp keeps saying plethora.

 
At Wed Nov 08, 05:08:00 AM PST, Blogger DEREK said...

I have a plethora around my midsection, unlike Tony who has a plethora a little lower. Or at least that's what Mike said from that picture he saw.

 
At Wed Nov 08, 05:18:00 AM PST, Blogger cola boy said...

I have a plethora of tasks I need to do with my PC. Burn all my LP's to CD, do some spoken recordings for my niece, [GASP!] clean my computer desk! I need a vacation from work to get it all done!

 
At Wed Nov 08, 06:59:00 AM PST, Blogger Spider said...

With my new purchase two weekends ago, I have a plethora of dishes for a single man! Bet ya thought I was going to say something else didn't ya...

 
At Wed Nov 08, 07:06:00 AM PST, Blogger Ur-spo said...

i like using the word plethora. it has an ancient and lofty air to it. I have a plethora of patients and then a plethora of evening chores and then a plethora of Jack R photos to scrutinize. I will send you the betters....

 
At Wed Nov 08, 07:20:00 AM PST, Blogger Doug Taron said...

I'm just thrilled with the plethora of Democrats that are now in the House of Representatives.

 
At Wed Nov 08, 08:28:00 AM PST, Blogger David said...

I will just quote Cher when she sang Turn Back Time on the farewell tour, and everyone threw sailor hats at her "There is a plethora of hats!!"

 
At Wed Nov 08, 08:49:00 AM PST, Blogger Kevin said...

How about ... There are a plethora of things I would do to you if I ever got you alone.

Would that be correct usage?

 
At Wed Nov 08, 09:36:00 AM PST, Blogger Teddy Pig said...

Ricardo Montalban, where are you when we need you?

Rich Corinthian Plethora?

 
At Wed Nov 08, 09:57:00 AM PST, Blogger Doug said...

Thankfully, with the election over, the plethora of campaign signs will be removed.

Hehe, my first thought was about the Three Amigos also.

 
At Wed Nov 08, 10:07:00 AM PST, Blogger mattviews said...

You can check outa plethora of pictures of my travel in my blog. :-)

I'm back Tony!

 
At Wed Nov 08, 02:31:00 PM PST, Blogger Mike said...

And Agnes Moorehead as "Plethora." No wait, that wasn't it...

 
At Wed Nov 08, 07:22:00 PM PST, Blogger rodger said...

I have a plethora of things to be thankful for today. They are the plethora of voters who just created a plethora of changes in our government. They removed a plethora of corrupt politicians who have taken a plethora of money from special interests as well as a plethora of our rights.

I also have a plethora of posts to catch up on here at Life's Colorful Brushstrokes so I better run.

This is fun!

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day Tony, I'll be back!

 
At Wed Nov 08, 11:02:00 PM PST, Blogger Jason said...

What a plethora of comments using the word, plethora!

I'm liking that other word "superfluity".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home