Wednesday, October 25, 2006

WORD PLAY ~ AROUSE

AROUSE

Main Entry: arouse
Pronunciation: &-'rauz
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): aroused; arousĀ·ing
Etymology: a- (as in arise) + rouse
transitive verb
1 : to awaken from sleep
2 : to rouse or stimulate to action or to physiological readiness for activity : EXCITE [the book aroused debate]
intransitive verb : to awake from sleep : STIR
- arousĀ·al /&-'rau-z&l/ noun


Wednesday WORD PLAY is upon us. Think I have one today that ought to "stir" up some emotion, or at least something! So to get to the point, let's get started. Today's word is arouse!

Usage: Many things arouse me but nothing is more arousing than life itself. Believe me and I'll tell you another lie. If you only knew how hard I am trying to keep this post at a G-rating. LMAO!

Again, the "play" portion...any comment you leave must use the word arouse in it. Your response can be about anything ~ the post, me (watch it!), something about you, something happening in your life. Knock yourself out thinking of something serious, humorous, or off-beat to comment about. Just have fun with it! Oh, and here are some pictures to arouse, I mean inspire you as you ponder your answer for this post.



14 Comments:

At Wed Oct 25, 02:27:00 AM PDT, Blogger kevin said...

Wow Tony those are hot AROUSING pics....but you really must stop taking pics of yourself you hot stud! ;)

Have a great day.
Kev in NZ

 
At Wed Oct 25, 03:46:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lemuel said...

I aroused myself this morning to find myself aroused thinking about Tony.

 
At Wed Oct 25, 05:34:00 AM PDT, Blogger Doug said...

Your posts are very thought-provoking.

In today's case, the idea that life itself is arousing, to me, is a lie. It seems to me life is an endless series of hardship and pain. The arousing parts come in when an individual is lucky enough to encounter other people to share life with, be they acquaintances, friends, or lovers.

An individual must choose to focus on those parts of life that are arousing, and ignore or dismiss those parts of life that are deflating and troublesome. The hard part is making that choice, and then getting through the rough spots in anticipation of the good times.

Not sure if this made sense, but you made me think, that's for sure! Thanks!

 
At Wed Oct 25, 05:37:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Without mental stimulation and visual perception, physical arousal is just not as powerful. There must be a melding of the senses to make the arousal process compete and exciting.

 
At Wed Oct 25, 08:00:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ur-spo said...

arouse by any other name wood smell as suite.

 
At Wed Oct 25, 08:32:00 AM PDT, Blogger Kevin said...

My post today is meant to not only help deal with my self-esteem issues, but to arouse my readers -- with interest in my blog, of course.

 
At Wed Oct 25, 10:45:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

MAJOR LEAGUE GROAN to ur-spo...

 
At Wed Oct 25, 10:54:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

these pictures arouse any gay man that looks at them.

 
At Wed Oct 25, 10:55:00 AM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

I wish I could have saved my word verification on my last comment, it was butplgg

 
At Wed Oct 25, 12:11:00 PM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Speaking of butt plug - there has been a lot of ass on Tony's blog the past couple of days - has anyone else noticed?

 
At Wed Oct 25, 01:14:00 PM PDT, Blogger Greg said...

Seeing Hugh Jackman without his shirt off was very arouding, but imaging him and Christian Bale with their shirts off....oh my! Two for the price of one!

 
At Wed Oct 25, 01:17:00 PM PDT, Blogger Greg said...

See? I got so aroused, I couldn't even spell properly.

 
At Wed Oct 25, 04:59:00 PM PDT, Blogger Conor Karrel said...

Men like Tony arouse me... to pursue my dreams, yeah, that's what I mean.

 
At Thu Oct 26, 02:56:00 AM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

I've been too aroused to have both hands on the keyboard to respond to this post - until now LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home