Thursday, October 12, 2006

BOUND FOR ORLANDO PRIDE


Well, as most of you are reading this, I should be Orlando-bound or near bound. Yes, I'm heading off to Florida to experience my first Pride with friends I care about very much. Can you think of a better way to enjoy your first time around? I can't. I'll be reuniting with Spider and Sorted. Spider and I will be driving up to Jacksonville late Friday to see Derek and his partner, Mike. We're hoping to convince Mike to come down to Orlando Saturday night for Sunday's Pride festivities. I know Derek wants to go. We'll just see what works out. My only regret is I am going to miss Hypoxic. Seems as if his work has him out of town for the whole weekend. I'll miss you Hypoxic. Missing him is even harder with the fact that he has announced he is shutting down his blog for now. I am blessed to have met you in person and I hope that friendship remains. As with this past August, I wish Pete could round things off again too in Orlando...but I know he'll be there in spirit.

Spider also invited Doug of Whisper In The Void and his partner, Chris, out to Orlando as well. A number of us plan on getting together with them Saturday night for dinner and probably meeting up at the Sunday events.

I simply can not wait! Can anyone do anything to speed up the 6-plus hours of travel time? I'll do what I can to post from Orlando but the slated activities scheduled may bog me down. And of course, there will be pictures. Stay tuned.

14 Comments:

At Thu Oct 12, 03:11:00 AM PDT, Blogger Joshua said...

Very Jealous :) Can't wait to see pictures.

 
At Thu Oct 12, 04:01:00 AM PDT, Blogger Lemuel said...

It all sounds SO great! Have a safe trip! Have a great time! Show us the pictures!

 
At Thu Oct 12, 04:52:00 AM PDT, Blogger Spider said...

Well - it is Thursday - I am awake - WHERE are you?

 
At Thu Oct 12, 07:54:00 AM PDT, Blogger Kevin said...

I very well may run into you Saturday night as well.

 
At Thu Oct 12, 09:41:00 AM PDT, Blogger Greg said...

Have a wonderful time in Orlando!

 
At Thu Oct 12, 12:03:00 PM PDT, Blogger Mark said...

Have a great time! This is your first gay pride event? You'll love it...revel in it!

 
At Thu Oct 12, 06:11:00 PM PDT, Blogger Joel said...

I wish I was going to be there too. Have a great time my friend and I will check in on you for some pics when you return!

 
At Thu Oct 12, 06:20:00 PM PDT, Blogger Moby said...

I'm going to FTL. A shame we can't meet for a drink. I'll take lots of pics

 
At Thu Oct 12, 06:34:00 PM PDT, Blogger DEREK said...

Well your there already now! CAn't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

 
At Fri Oct 13, 07:02:00 AM PDT, Blogger David said...

Hope you have a great time, I should have extended my trip down South!

 
At Sat Oct 14, 11:10:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a FAB time.

 
At Sat Oct 14, 06:50:00 PM PDT, Blogger The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

Depending on the carrier you flew I might have been able to accommodate an upgrade. It might not be faster but it sure is nicer :) Have a blast!

 
At Sun Oct 15, 08:12:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jake said...

I hope you have a great time and don't forget to post the pictures

 
At Tue Oct 17, 11:09:00 AM PDT, Blogger Jimmi said...

I think we have a bunch of Jetstetters on our hands here :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home